Multimoon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello ^^
I started to develop my game 2 months ago and I ask myself a question that I never managed to solve.
In my game, I would like the player to be able to plant a plant. For this, I use an event, and for appearance, I use part of the tile set B.
But the selection area in the appearance of the tile set is only one slot.
If the player wants to plant a tree, it can be more complicated because the tree measures 9 slots.
Is there a plugin or a trick that would allow me to seemingly select an area with more than one slot ?
(I’m french so I certainly made some mistakes.)

PS : If necessary, i’ll post pictures.

HotAndColdAF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Personally, I would just copy the tree sprite into its own character sheet.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to make a character set with that tree, so the tree can be as big as you need.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That solves the sprite issue, but the hit box will still only be one tile. And yes, you should do that for items larger than one tile.

My plugin here can be used to increase the size of the hit box, but it can't be used on the player or events that move.

ImaginaryVillain

Now A YouTube Cool Kid! =D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One of the ways to do larger hitboxes is to simply use a pixel movement plugin. I'm a pretty big fan of QMovement.

But allow me to provide an alternate solution to the "character image" plan. You can use Shaz's Tile Changerhttps://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/tile-changer-copy-tiles-and-change-tiles.90437/ Just setup a map with your tree on it, and then just have the Tile Changer copy it in around the the spawned event. This method allows you to set Tileset collisions in your tileset properties and foregoes the need for any other plugins.

Multimoon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That solves the sprite issue, but the hit box will still only be one tile. And yes, you should do that for items larger than one tile.

My plugin here can be used to increase the size of the hit box, but it can't be used on the player or events that move.

I will try thanks ^^

Multimoon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I’ll try all the tips here. Thank you for your answers :guffaw:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

purefury wrote on hiddenone's profile.
Hiddenone you are simply incredible, and an inspiration to the community!
https://s12.directupload.net/images/200715/34vwhkoz.png Finally have a concept I am happy with, now I just have to decide wheather I really want to do it as vector art.
I just keep coming up with weird ideas, and then spend the time trying to make sense out of it.:kaocry:
Hi, Erm... My name is zozobie! I just had a snack.
Face masks are to be compulsory when inside shops in England from the 24th of July. People can be fined £100 if they fail to comply.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3dprintindex