Event Touch even when Player is Through?

Alarkus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yo.
I have a game segment where the player holds onto a balloon to float over chasms.
I'd like to include obstacles such as arrows being fired at the player to pop the balloon.
However, in order to allow the player to float over the chasms, I've set a move route to make them "Through", this makes an Event Touch trigger impossible.
I've tried various methods I've seen in similar issue threads. (Such as setting the event to below the player) But no avail.

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think you could use yanfly region restrictions
to make the ground passable instead of player through and use an invisible same as character event to block it off until a switch is on or something.
Oh did it again this if vx ace. Dunno if it exists in ace.
Here is an ace version I think.

Oh you probably don't even need the plugin, can probably just use a passable blank picture tile set to passable and block it off with an event as above.

Last edited:

Alarkus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think you could use yanfly region restrictions
to make the ground passable instead of player through and use an invisible same as character event to block it off until a switch is on or something.
Oh did it again this if vx ace. Dunno if it exists in ace.
Here is an ace version I think.

Oh you probably don't even need the plugin, can probably just use a passable blank picture tile set to passable and block it off with an event as above.
Im actually already using that script.
Didn't think of using an event like that though!
Still would be convenient if there was some other way besides wrapping events all around a cliffspace.

Last edited:

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im actually already using that script.
Didn't think of using an event like that though!
Still would be convenient if there was some other way besides wrapping events all around a cliffspace.
You don't need to wrap it, just the tile past the edges that you can walk onto the region from, so if it was a long 1 width passage that would only need 2 events really, 2 events per width. If you can fly all around the map with it's still just copying and pasting, shouldn't cause lag either really.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the usual way to check for through events (or player) is to compare coordinates with a parallel process.
however that has its limitations as a parallel process can create lag.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Things you can say about your rpg maker project but not your bf/gf: I'm not super committed but it's fun to play around with it.
putting a puzzle in my game that BSODs the player's computer if they complete it
I finally got a book out the door after seven years of nothing \^-^/ Now if I can get a game out the door too, that'd be great...
MY GAME IS NOW OFFICIALLY RELEASED!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarja2541