Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
EventTouchRadius 0.1.0

whitesphere

Introduction

This little plug-in can trigger any "Event Touch" action when the player gets within a specified

distance.  You can specify a EventTouchRadius per-event, per-map or set defaults for every event.

This is extremely helpful for visible enemy encounters on the map.

Features

- Configurable event radius, per event, per map or default

- Event radius compensates for the size of the event sprite (helpful for large events like Dragons)

How to Use

After installing and enabling the plug-in, add an <EventTouchRadius: (radius)> note-tag for each Event.  When the player gets within (radius) tiles, the event's "Event Touch" will trigger.  If the event is not currently responding to "Event Touch," this does nothing.

You may also add the same tag in the Map.  If so, every event in the map inherits the Event Touch radius, unless it already has one specified in its own note tag.

Finally, the plug-in parameter lets you set the radius for every event in your game.  Use this with care.

Any events which do NOT have an event touch radius after all of the above will function normally.

Script

The plug-in is available here:

http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=Ty58ZkQU

FAQ

Q: Why isn't my event triggering when the player walks close by?

A: The plug-in only checks for the player when the event normally would --- when the event moves.

Terms of Use

This plug-in may be used for commercial or non-commercial use, as long as credit is given.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice plugin. What are your terms of use (and could you please add them to your other plugin threads if you don't already have them listed)?

Unmercyful

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This is truly an awesome plugin! Just wanted to pop in and say thank you very much for making this.

Just one question: Is it possible to to shut the plugin off on the maps it is not needed? Just having a little conflict with a couple other plugins and would work if there was a plugin command to turn it off. Thanks for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:

XoeXoeXoeXoeXoe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the script, I think I will be able to use this in a project I'm currently working on!

Or at least I'll give it a shot, thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

fighting game fans might really enjoy my game battle wise, and I feel non fighting fans might learn some stuff. thanks row system. pokes, neutral, and zoning time...
This community is awesome. They helped me get my eventing processes to work. I love you all.
suspended on twitter for calling an ahole an ahole & appealing the tweet; furious at myself for being even slightly upset with my suspension: oh no, you've been temporarily banned from hell. GET OVER IT, me.
how can you download the tiles from a forum post here? HELP
That moment when you post the wrong download link to your game and wonder why it got so few downloads... :mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crayonchan