Event Trigger Labels

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

In RPG Maker, you have events on the map that can be triggered when the player is either standing on top of them or in front of them. When a player wishes to trigger an event, they press the "action" button, which by default is the Z or Enter key. When an event is triggered, they will execute the entire list of commands.

However, what happens if you want to allow a player to interact with an event in different ways? For example, if a player walks up to an event and talks to it normally, they might just have friendly conversation.

On the other hand, if a player walks up to an event and presses the A key, this might issue a challenge to the event to a mini-game, and the event will ask you if you're sure you want to do this.

This plugin allows you to separate an event's list of commands into different sections. Depending on how the event is triggered, a different section would run, allowing you to create unique behaviors when the player interacts with an event.

More information and downloads available at HimeWorks

Last edited by a moderator:

Solis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Think I could find really good use for this...right now I'm having to create multiple different pages with different conditions in order for this to work...Thanks!

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Here's a tutorial video by Echo that shows how to use the plugin, and some things you could do

Last edited by a moderator:

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
With this, I can use your pre-emptive events to allow for an ambush (enemy touch) or pre-emptive (player touch) on a single page?

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
With this, I can use your pre-emptive events to allow for an ambush (enemy touch) or pre-emptive (player touch) on a single page?

I haven't implemented player-touch/event-touch label triggers yet, since there's a bit of an issue with the way page triggers work.

For example, action trigger events will never trigger on touch, whereas event touch will trigger on action trigger, player touch, and event touch.

This means that you would basically have to use event touch if you wanted to have support for all three types of labels.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for clearing that up. I was a little confused.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The Ace attorney series are so great games... But at the same time such a travesty.
Made a video showcasing a plugin (by Lanza) that adds 5 more weather effects to our MV games. :LZYsmile: Namely:
Ash-dust,
bloodrain,
Cherry Blossom Petals,
Hail,
and bubbles.

I just like this website:
lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takufy