Not open for further replies.

noot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hiya. I'm wondering if there's a way through scripts to make an event trigger after another event touches it. I've found a couple scripts that are supposed to do this (namely the one by MeowFace and the one by Hime) but they don't seem to work for me.. If there are any others that anyone knows of, I'd gladly try them. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: Ah, sorry my bad. Misunderstood what you were asking.
Yeah, you'd probably need a script for that :E

noot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Edit: Ah, sorry my bad. Misunderstood what you were asking.
Yeah, you'd probably need a script for that :E
It's okay dw!! Thank u anyway :]

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I remember using Tsukihime's script for this a long time ago and it worked for me.
What's not working with that one for you?

noot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I remember using Tsukihime's script for this a long time ago and it worked for me.
What's not working with that one for you?
I wish I knew. When I use the Event on Event trigger, nothing happens. The event I need to trigger the event with the comment just bumps into it and stops without triggering anything. Doesn't seem to work for me and I can't figure out why despite trying it a bunch of different ways.

Last edited:

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Show us some screens of your relevant events, maybe it's just some eventing issue.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what is the reason you want an event-to-event trigger?
It is rare for a game to even need such a plugin, and half the people that have problems with such plugins are because they are trying to use them for the wrong reasons...
for example such a trigger should never be used for controlling cutscenes...

noot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
what is the reason you want an event-to-event trigger?
It is rare for a game to even need such a plugin, and half the people that have problems with such plugins are because they are trying to use them for the wrong reasons...
for example such a trigger should never be used for controlling cutscenes...
It's not for controlling a cutscene-- it's basically a part of the game where you have to prevent an object from colliding into multiple other things. If that object does collide with something, I'm trying to use an event-to-event trigger so that some dialogue pops up and causes you to retry. I felt that the object's event triggering an obstacle's event if they touched would be the best way to go about this. That probably doesn't make a ton of sense, but I can try to provide screenshots of the events once I'm able to later.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if the player controls the object, then it is better to have the check for collision on the moment the player executes that control instead of releasing it to its own trigger/control.

More details on the game mechanic and especially the screenshots would be helpfull here to see how to best handle this case...

noot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ooh yeah I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, the player doesn't control the object. Let me provide screenshots and try to explain this the best I can. ^^"

screenshot1.png

So, the situation is that there will be a rock floating across the lava (carrying other party members). The player stands on the area below the lava and is supposed to quickly maneuver to turn off switches before the rock reaches the fire events on the right. Using the switch turns off the fire and allows the rock to successfully pass. The rock touching the fire would result in a game over.

screenshot2.png

This is the rock (the event on the far left) that will be carrying everyone. I haven't finished that sprite yet, so that's why it's just a rock, for now. It continuously moves to the right.

screenshot3.png

This is the fire event that's placed adjacent to the moving rock. Once the rock collides with this event, it's supposed to result in a game over. If the switch is pulled before the rock collides with it, the fire disappears and the rock keeps going.

I tried again to use Tsukihime's script for this, but nothing seemed to work, and the fire event wasn't being triggered by the rock. Still not sure what I'm doing sure.

I hope that makes sense ^^"

Attachments

• screenshot2.png
    screenshot2.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 4

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It was a good while ago since I used that script, but shouldn't both events have the event comment from the script (the <page trigger: Event_To_Event> comment)?

And I just checked the script, and the comment should be Event_To_Event, not Event_On_Event. Unless the script has been updated since then, because I just loaded up my project from the stone age to check. :D

noot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It was a good while ago since I used that script, but shouldn't both events have the event comment from the script (the <page trigger: Event_To_Event> comment)?

And I just checked the script, and the comment should be Event_To_Event, not Event_On_Event. Unless the script has been updated since then, because I just loaded up my project from the stone age to check. :D
Wait you're totally right, I have no idea why I put "On" in the comment instead of "To" but thank you for pointing that out! I also added the comment to the rock event as well. However, it unfortunately doesn't seem like that was the issue. The rock still just bumps into the fire and doesn't trigger anything.

noot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Finally figured it out! It was because "direction fix" was on. It wouldn't trigger the event so long as that was on, for some reason. Feel free to lock this thread.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I was kinda recommended a manga to learn a few drawing tips, I dunno if it will actually work, but I'm liking the story lol
M745veO.jpg
RPG Maker News #12 | Control Zooming, Customize Bush Effect, Causality & Happy Bones on Steam
Episode 16 let's go! We're making an RPG in RPG Maker MZ! This week... even more mapping, we're almost done with all the mapping for our first dungeon!

I have big news. I just got hired at a Mexican restaurant! They're like Chipotle but a bit different... and my job will be taking orders some days, delivering food other days, and of course, making customers happy. My orientation is on Tuesday. Once I start, I might disappear from here sometimes, but I'll always try to come back!
Batch converting .mp3 to .ogg files is making my computer soooo slow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nephrix