TEETH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you for reading this.

First I must say that I cannot use a ABS script because Khas' Arc Engine (a platformer script) overwrites too much movement. Khas said so themself (Trust me I wish it weren't true.)

I wanted to try something for an ABS that will make it look more fluid, but I'm not quite sure how to go about it.

[IMG]http://s29.postimg.org/4lyy9y1oz/help1.png[/IMG]

When the player hits a button, the character graphic (in blue) will change and an image (in pink) will appear next to it. If the pink area hits an enemy, the enemy dissapears. If an enemy hits the blue area, health is deducted.

Changing the character graphic and assigning a hotkey isn't a problem. It's having the image appear and how the health would work. I already have a common event running well for health, but I don't know how the enemy would take away the health by touching the character.

For referencce, here is the original character graphic and the common event for health (the health is a variable):

[IMG]http://s1.postimg.org/lbwr4utvv/help.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://s29.postimg.org/9opgw7pqv/help2.png[/IMG]

Would it involve animation for the pink area and something for player x and y for everything else? Thank you for your help.

Lantiz

PunyMagus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Other
I guess it all depends on how the enemy work: Do the enemy walk toward the player or it just hang around (like Mario)?

It's important because if it does move toward the player, as the enemy movement is automatic, it's probably gona hit the player lots of times in one single touch (60 frames?). Which also implies to the fact that when the player move toward the enemy (keep pressing the button), if it touches the player, its going to damage him regardles to the fact of the enemy being attacking or not, and as long as the player keep the button pressed, hes going to keep getting damaged.

So I guess all you would need for the enemy damage, is to:

1. set player animation for getting hit
  2. check this link, the area about "Change HP": http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/25759-script-call-collection-for-vxace/ - that way you can change the entire group's HP (can't remember if there's an option for that without script :] ) 
  3. you set a move route for wait on the enemy event aswell (like 90 frames), and it needs to be a move route otherwise the player will also stop.

TEETH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you. This solved how the health and enemies would work properly.

Also, I figured out how to show the character attacking with animation so I don't help with that anymore.

I just have one more question.

How do I set Player X and Y for the pink area so that if the pink area hits an enemy, it disappears?

Thank you.

TEETH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Teeth , please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

You need to have a tiny bit of patience. People answering queries are doing so in their free time. Also remember that people are in different time zones and may be working or sleeping.

TEETH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm very sorry. I thought in the rules it said we could bump our post every 72 hours. My apologies.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@teeth

No, my apologies, I misread the date on the post above yours, and you were perfectly okay to post.  

Sorry about that.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
do you have a player atack animation for every direction?

if yes, just add or sub 1 from the x or y position with conditional branch and than depending on the direction you change it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Maybe I should get rid of the Banish ability in my game. It's a non-elemental spell that doesn't even appear in the magic chart. It's only there because my Elementalist doesn't use light or dark magic. It only effects summoned creatures.
ScreenShot_5_18_2022_0_37_0.png
I've been redoing all of the major areas in my game. starting with a place called Century Park. thankfully because all of the locations are distorted memories, I can make these places pretty abstract.
HexMozart88 wrote on RHachicho's profile.
Hey wait a minute, I remember you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinseltownie