FREE Eventer/Databaser/Balancer looking for a team

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by MrB, Dec 3, 2018.

1. MrB

MrB Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    C#
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So, now I've got at least something to show:
    The game I made for the 2018 IGMC.

https://hiimb.itch.io/dcay

Hi, I'm B.
    Novice to game design, but brimming with thoughts and idea's. I'm looking for a team to work on a project with. Not necessarily one of mine. As said in the titel, I think I am decent when it comes to:

Eventing: Think setting up events for complicated setups(Minigames), making events look good, etc etc.
    Databaser: making skills, items, equipment feel right, not useless, nor bordeline OP
    Balancing: Making classes/play styles feel unique, while not necessarily under- or overpowered, same with monsters, making monsters challenging, but not needlessly impossible.

I don't have much to show, but in the game I made for the IGMC, I did include..
    - An AI, that reacts on how you treat that specific AI, and adjust accordingly
    - Several "advanced" boss fights that evolve based on what you do, what you have equipped, what you happens during a fight, or simply try to execute their own strategy
    - A pretty indept leveling system(still in it's preliminary phase of course due to time restraints)
    - A system for traveling to multiple world(locations)

And.. I can offer time. I did all of the above, + a lot more(Like figuring out how the Rpgmaker works, how to work with plugins, and even how to create my own plugins!), and I even started the contest a week later(started around nov 9).

I'm a hard worker, and looking for a nice team to work with. I might be a bit awkward and strange, but please don't hold that against me. I promise you, you won't regret taking me!

2. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    It would be great if you can show us a video of your eventing so we can gauge that too :)

3. Uzuki

Uzuki Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi! I've been looking for a team to put together for help with balancing and database work. Would you be interested in working with me? I've event got a alpha demo of the game I'm working on in the igmc.

4. MrB

MrB Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    C#
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Uzuki I am! I'll send you a PM

And you are right Archeia, I'll get to that tomorrow :)