Eventing a movement route that makes the actor appear to spin?

anonamix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello all.

I am trying to create a cutscene in which my actor appears to be swept away by rushing waves..

I have created the custom movement route, and have tried to add a spinning rotation to the sprite by adding turns in between the directions. Unfortunately the movement direction over rides the turn direction so the effect does not work.

Any advise to make my sprite spin while moving during a a cutscene would be a great help.

Thanks!

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You need to construct your move route so that you are going forward and turning in less space than one tile.

You can use the moveto(x,y) command in the script part of the set move route command.
Now, the trick is to do the move in decimals, not whole numbers.
So if you want to move horizontally, you could do something like this: (note, the moveto command is how you'd write it in Ace, not sure if it is exactly the same in MV)
moveto(6.5,11)
turn left
moveto(6,11)
turn up
moveto(5.5,11)
turn right
etc. etc.

You'd have to experiment to see how big/small you need to make the horizontal movement, and if you need waits in there or not. You could try with a wait of 3 frames between each part.

SwiftSign

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also, use 'direction fix' after each turn to ensure he looks in directions other than the direction of overall movement :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

tomorrow I'ma go on a cruise for the first time ever... lets hope I'll survive the experience!
Omg! 8 years in this forum :o
Ksi
Streaming the last of the RMN Valentiny event games so feel free to drop on by and watch me cry (whether that's from laughter, rage or sheer pain, who knows?)
Today I went to sleep without setting an alarm, so I could sleep more than 2 hours. I woke up after 2 hours.
Sigh :( ... displaying numbers representing the stats of the PCs for a custom menu in rm2k3 is haaaaaaaarrrd!!! DX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevechtrs