Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While this is a game mechanic, this is also more of an implementation question. Mods, feel free to move this thread if needed. Now, onto the topic at hand. For those unfamiliar with Golden Sun, the "Move" Psynergy (skill) allows the player to move an object from up to 2 tiles away. I know it's doable (w/o plugins) since someone did it in VX before:

dragoonwys

Freelance Illustrator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here you go, I have evented this exact mechanic

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Omg, awesome! I'm personally gonna use this mechanic for a Geomancy utility skill. Basically to move boulders w/ Earth powers lol.

Now to recreate all the other Psynergies lol...

dragoonwys

Freelance Illustrator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been in love with the GS way of using field skills for puzzles since I first played it! You'd be suprised how many of the skills from the first game are quite eventable. This so happened to be the only skill I documented making since its more complicated to make and I seen the question pop up occasionally.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yea, I was going about my approach the wrong way before you shared your tutorial. I was trying to do all the eventing from the object's side instead of how you did it. (I like your way much more) ;)

Now, thanks to you, I can finish this puzzle. Does this look familiar to you? :p
Jump.png

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hello! Can anyone help me? I followed making cooking tutorial for RPG Maker MV. But for some reason buff state that food gives doesn't work in overworld. It disappears. What am I supposed to do?
A shotgun is not a rifle. Huh.
SIGH its so hard to convince my friend that making a game for fun and making one to sell takes different planning. I don't care about weird bothersome ways of doing things in a game made for fun, but when you are planning to market it, there is some stuff that you just have to streamline or cut out.
It might be a little bit boring and tedious, but building that database of armor, items, weapons and skills are super important.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
new88betscom