Not open for further replies.

ArcKaarisun

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have two NPCs interacting. NPC 1 is controlling the movement routes, change image, dialog etc... of NPC 2.
My issue is, I am having NPC 1 rush toward and hit NPC 2, NPC 2 then disappears after finishing the movement route.

I need NPC 2 to NOT disappear. I need him to stay visible at the end of his movement route laying on the floor in the corner.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That image is impossible to see.

To take a good screenshot, simply use Alt + PrintScreen, then paste the image into MS Paint or a similar program and save it in a jpg or png format.

RPG Maker does some funny stuff when changing images on events. You can't select the specific cell - only the group of 12, which it assumes is a character and has 12 sprites representing the different directions and animations. If the sprite you use is NOT like this and has maybe a single 'damage' sprite for your character, or just one row like the generator creates, then you need those images to be on the correct row for the character's direction. In this case, as your NPC is facing right and stepping backwards, those would need to be on the second row of the spritesheet.

ArcKaarisun

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That image is impossible to see.

To take a good screenshot, simply use Alt + PrintScreen, then paste the image into MS Paint or a similar program and save it in a jpg or png format.

RPG Maker does some funny stuff when changing images on events. You can't select the specific cell - only the group of 12, which it assumes is a character and has 12 sprites representing the different directions and animations. If the sprite you use is NOT like this and has maybe a single 'damage' sprite for your character, or just one row like the generator creates, then you need those images to be on the correct row for the character's direction. In this case, as your NPC is facing right and stepping backwards, those would need to be on the second row of the spritesheet.
Thank you very much Shaz. You are absolutely right. That was indeed my issue. Again, I thank you for your speedy response! SOLVED!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Haven't been on here actively in awhile, project is going strong my biggest issue is the STORY, i'm refining the plot and learning so much i decided to take a writers class to improve even more but the programming and functionality of the game is stepping up nicely!
Hi everyone! Here's what I'm working on today! It's one of the dorms on campus. I know I said I wouldn't use assets but I reused a few things from the cafeteria hehe.
FCuxBOMXMAICK5e
I added a little squish effect when characters change direction to try and make things a bit more lively. Though it's a bit hard to see on the fast moving guys.
2f4fiuy.gif
I just discovered this game exists; the premise itself is ****ing hilarious. https://www.humblebundle.com/store/kill-it-with-fire
Can't wait for next update! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilonemvp