Deep Thought

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been working on an action/roguelike game for RPGMaker XP, and it's been going well so far. When you touch an enemy (or an enemy touches you) you deliver/take damage depending on what sort of weapons you have; nothing new. It works well enough for melee weapons, but I have no clue how I would implement ranged weapons like bows/guns. Would I need to make common events for spawning projectiles in front of the attacker, or would some scripting be involved?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deep Thought

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You want I should beg for a bump for my thread?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to XP Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Worked on a cutscene skip domino effect using Maker Systems' script as the basis. Basically if I have a batch of cutscenes in a row on different maps, now when you skip one cutscene it will skip the entire set. No more spamming X to skip a scene every new map.

Oh and it will work regardless of where you do it from in the set. Convenient!
seems absolutely WILD to me now all the hundreds of hours of work I used to do in 2k(3) over a decade ago with a resolution of 320x240. that seems so insanely TINY now, seemed so normal at the time!
Playing Aroma Indosiar theme song.
Aroma is an Indonesian TV show about cooking. :)
Working on a characteeer! (Why is it so hard to color hair?) ;-;
Silly-Sketches.png
Just finished eventing a couple simple puzzles in RMMV, for my very first game "Sample Quest." Just messing around, throwing things together, and calling it a story XD On a non-RM note, got my hair cut today!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VerdantSorcerer