overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hmmmmm, I wonder how one would go about making it so that the spike trap is hidden until you first step on it? I can think of a few ways honestly.

Anyway - this is a nifty tutorial.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I read tutorial and for begginers it is great, but um... It has one major flaw that ruins immersion of game. What in situation, when party contains more than 1 hero and if that hero get over spikes and follower stands behind him and trap is still on? Hmmm?

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I read tutorial and for begginers it is great, but um... It has one major flaw that ruins immersion of game. What in situation, when party contains more than 1 hero and if that hero get over spikes and follower stands behind him and trap is still on? Hmmm?
Well there are a couple ways to handle that. One example is the trap pushes you back and you use Gather Party and of course there is just not having followers shown at all.
If that is Graphically unappealing:
"Step On Trap
Gather Followers
Turn off Followers
Have Character Jump back in pain
Gather Followers (can't remember if this is required)
Turn followers back on"

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@overlordmikey Yes! I absolutely agree with you, there is on this board nice script to use inside event that checks who stands on trap (either leader or follower) and by it's index drops hp by given formula.

I don't remember exact post title of this script, but I'm 100% sure it is still open topic.
But my point is, why it wasn't included in this tutorial.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@overlordmikey Having the spike traps hidden before being stepped on can be really simple to do actually, you should be able to copy the trap event page and use a self-switch to have the spikes appear when the player steps on them. Something like this should work:
spiketrap1.png
spiketrap2.png
@Soulrender I try to make all of my tutorials plugin-free since I can't be sure what other plugins devs are using and don't want to cause a plugin conflict, so if it requires a plugin then it's unlikely it'll appear in a tutorial. These are also meant to be starting points for people, to help people realize how they can add something to their game and then inspire them to take the idea to the next level. If I tried to cover every possibility, these tutorials would become enormous. :rswt

Also, I just prefer not having followers on the map, so I don't think about mentioning them most of the time.

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
For that last one where you change a lot of events at once, the script idea is solid. I did something similar with a variable and had each event have multiple pages based on the number in that variable so they'd all be in sync. I feel like the scripting version is cleaner.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Just released a new trailer for Manafinder! It's the TGS trailer! :D I'm very happy with the result!
sooo... im gonna go ahead and release all my game ideas on android as Beta. Everyone will be nice right? cause its Beta... right?...

AABS traps and heals (detail is below the YTB desc)
 I may actually have something I can put into the Boss Battle Build Bout by the time it’s due. It won’t be anything spectacular (or even great (and maybe not even good (I have no idea how to do combat (yay for nested parentheses)))), but I might have a submission none the less.
Today's my first login since Jan 2020. Time sure flies. Sorry to everyone's messages i missed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moss-eater