Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all,

I'm attempting to create a skill that upgrades a stat and expends items when used, then increases the required item that is used permanently.

I thought I had this solved, but unfortunately the common event I'm calling does not seem to increase the actor's stat at all. I suspect the problem is with the variables because I have very little experience using them. I am using Yanfly plugins to achieve an item cost on the skill. Any help is appreciated, thank you all in advance.

Attachments

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
change hp is the wrong 1. 7 down from that. change parameter
and i see u put a 2nd item cost in the skill. you should only need the variable cost.
whatever you want the starting cost to be is what you set the variable at in your startup autorun event.
if you want the 1st time upgrade to cost 2 shards have the autorun set the variable to 2.
the custom item cost + the common event variable increase will handle everything else

Last edited:

Yawgmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK I've changed that but the skill's item cost is not increasing either. When the starting variable is on auto run the game freezes, on parallel it does not increase the cost.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
u need to make the autorun not loop itself. use a self switch on the auto run page and make a 2nd page that blank but requires the switch being on

Attachments

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
autorun events will always freeze the game if there isnt something to stop the event from repeating itself.

Yawgmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you again! I didn't know auto events needed a way to stop. I've used them before but I guess I always stopped them myself. Everything seems to work beautifully now. I'll make the rest of the skills tomorrow. Should be a lot of copy and paste with tiny changes. Thanks for the pictures too. They helped a lot. I'll wait to close the thread until I have the rest of the skills made and working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Latest member to OcRam -plugin suite: OcRam_Layers! Optimized parallax layers (for parallax mapping?) + dynamic layers which can be used in title-, battle and map scenes!
People convinced me to use my old graphics for this new project, i guess i can't run away from blender just yet. https://gyazo.com/2a105847c042bb78c6d4919ec1308660
10/24 done :3 Maybe I can finish 11 and 12 this weekend^^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ninnaeis