Status
Not open for further replies.

DarknessFalls

Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Maybe I am doing something wrong but it seems that when ever I attempt to do something like: if button C is pushed erase image, else show it. NPC text.... that the events before the conditional will play out, the events after the conditional will play out but the picture wont show. So I tried: events, picture, events with the same issue. the events before and after lay out but the picture doesn't show. So I tied: events, picture and finally I got my picture.

But my end goal is: events play, if a button is pushed erase the picture on screen, else show it. after picture is erased play addition events.

ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

Galenmereth

B___ _E__
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you tried putting a wait command between the events and showing of the picture?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe I am doing something wrong but it seems that when ever I attempt to do something like: if button C is pushed erase image, else show it. NPC text.... that the events before the conditional will play out, the events after the conditional will play out but the picture wont show. So I tried: events, picture, events with the same issue. the events before and after lay out but the picture doesn't show. So I tied: events, picture and finally I got my picture.

But my end goal is: events play, if a button is pushed erase the picture on screen, else show it. after picture is erased play addition events.

ideas?
Please post a screenshot of your event.

Most likely reason is that you got a timing problem with the moment when the button is pressed, but without knowing the exact event it's difficult to guess whether you need a loop for solving it and where to enter that...

DarknessFalls

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
All events before the conditional play. All events after the condition play. the Image is never shown. ideas? the image should remain until I press 'C' which I suppose is the literal 'C' on the keyboard? either way I press nothing after she states that she will explain it, because it jumps to the next block of text.

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
I imagine that you want the player to be able to read through the image tutorial for as long as they'd like.

If so, there's a much simpler way to go about it:

Basically, what I've done is use the Show Picture command to display the tutorial image. Then I added a blank text input with a transparent window. The event won't move forward until the player presses Enter/Space or Escape key, after which it will erase the picture and continue on. :)

DarknessFalls

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
you dear are god. and yes it is a tutorial :D . /thread.

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
Glad I could help. :)

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Feeling a little overwhelmed... There are so many things to do.
- Building a simple website for portfolio
- Setup *******
- Manage social media
There are so many things inside of these tasks :(
Meet the cute little ghost, FhooFhoo. :kaopride:
If anyone here is looking for another high-potential RPGMaker game--besides She Dreams Elsewhere--be sure to follow Lawmage Academy. Good social media presence will take that game far.
Lol, I was about to write a small tutorial and realized it would belong to the MZ section ....that does not exist yet.
I've noticed that more videos on YouTube have these segmented bookmark things in the videos themselves. It's nice being able to jump to parts of a video you want, and to have them all clearly labelled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackermv