Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,
I'm running some event to simulate a crowd, my problem is, if I'm not aside of the Event, my crowd stops to growth.

Any idea why ?
Is it a limitation of the software ? Something I did wrong ? Any plugin to help ?

EDIT : I changed the verb "play" by "move" because the Events are still working fine, I count their creation with a variable, so I'm sure it's "playing".

Last edited:

ElCheffe

JRPG Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could you please share a screenshot of your events coding? That would help to understand what you are trying to do.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is an ant-lag feature: autonomous movement stops if the player is far away, in order to reduce lag on larger maps.
Parallel processes should still work, so it depends on how the spawn script works and what the spawned events do - you should have included screenshots of their commands as well.

Nemesis666

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, this is the summoned event :

It's indeed a walking to the right.

So, we have a start of an answer, it's because of the Anti Lag system of the Autonomous Movement. Is there any thing we can to do deactivate it ?

EDIT : Notice that everything is already Parallel.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Notice that everything is already Parallel.
worst mistake ever
NEVER set an event that has no content to parallel - that creates lag for no effect at all.

the trigger determines what is done with the content/commands, and if there are no commands the trigger should remain action button.

autonomous movement is called autonomous because it is completely independent of the content - usually you have it so the villager walk around, and the content a few show text on action button to determine what they say if the player contacts them. Or a guard walking on autonomous movement and a battle on event touch when it touches the player or something like that.

but that has nothing to do with your problem.

I would strongly suggest you try a different approach to whatever you want to do. The parallel process works, but the spawned events don't walk away if out of range, so the repeating clone command does nothing because there already is a cloned event on that position.

Theoretically you could add one of the advanced anti-lag plugins - those let you decide which events to stop and not stop for anti-lag. But excepting a massively cloned event from the anti-lag feature will of course create exactly what the anti-lag is supposed to prevent.
You might try it as there are some modern computers powerfull enough to handle a few hundred walking events, but it will cost you and older computers will have problems with that.

a much better way would be to find a different way for the same effect, for example like using crowd-sprites (one event for half a dozen NPCs) or a loop with a limited number of events, or even optimizing the control/clone event to only work if the player is nearby to see it work or whatever other ideas are possible in your situation.

Nemesis666

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I already tried to put "all the appearances" in one Event, it was a failure, but since each is copied, this is not important.

Okay, so, I need a plugin to deactivate this, I will search, tell me if you have some names in mind ;) !

EDIT : I tried the Shaz Offscene Movement which doesnt work at all (plus, it ask to be written in the note zone, I cant write there since I have other mods which write there).
I found this topic : of someone asking exactly the same, without any answer...
I searched on the Yanfly wiki page if he made any thing about that, there are things about movement but I think it cant go throught my issue.
Still searching.

Last edited:

Nemesis666

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Question : are "Autonomous Movement" exactly the same that "Set trajectory movement" ?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

@Nemesis666, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Nemesis666

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, 24h between 2 posts, I think that's enough ><...
Dont answer, I want to focus on the subject.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
"Autonomous movement" refers to the movement route you can set on an event page which it will follow of its own volition without requiring event commands.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, 24h between 2 posts, I think that's enough ><...
no, if you checked the rules in the forums help section you would have learned that bumping in less than 72 hours is forbidden - this is a small community and most people here have their own projects to work on besides helping for free.

are "Autonomous Movement" exactly the same that "Set trajectory movement" ?
almost. Both create the same data sequence and effectively override each other, but there are differences on how they are handled.
1) the event command can be targeted at other events or the player to create a move route for them, the autonomous movement can only create a moveroute for its own event.

2) autonomous movement automatically loops and cannot wait for completion

3) the disadvantage of set move route is that it takes more processing power and creates more lag to set them through the regular event commands, which is why the autonomous movement was created in the first time.

Nemesis666

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But both have the same limitation about distance ?

Nemesis666

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, still no plugin found for that :( ...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another comic with Backstage Malak...
If you want to ask him anything, you can ask on my DeviantArt page! I'm not sure if you're allowed to do it here.
Forum tip of the day ...
If you get a temporary suspension for being a jerk to people who are trying to help you, and arguing with mods and admins, don't go making new accounts. Chances are, if you p**s us off enough to suspend you for a week, we're not going to hesitate giving you a permanent ban when you give us a reason.
E_6fAErVkAQILXu.png
I'm so close to releasing my game on steam! :blush::blush::blush:
Us:
"This game is awesome! I wish there are more games like this in the future."
Also us:
"I hate how games stopped being original and start copying other successful games."
Should've done this a few days ago but...
PRI_200136808.jpg
Rest in Peace, Sir Clive Sinclair
1940 - 2021
Entrepreneur, Technologist, Father of the Modern British Computing Industry, and protagonist of Legend of ZUN.

Without you, England's games and tech industry wouldn't be where it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CORYGOD