Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah! fixed the post, i accidentally uploaded it early, darn shift enter

here is the problem, its pretty self explanatory, the event wont move but theres nothing in its way
im making a boss battle here
screenshot of the problem
(the arrows wont move)

1611709200658.png

my screen

1611709212960.png

the events page
1611709306474.png

the coustom route movment
1611709322038.png

this is what is triggering the event
1611711235287.png

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If an event won't move, and there is nothing in its way, it means there is a tile that is not passable. So either the tile the event is on is not passable or not passable in an upwards direction (check the 4Dir setting in the tileset tab), or the tile it wants to move onto is not passable, or not passable from below.

Can you show a screenshot of your Tilesets tab, with the correct tileset and the correct A-E tab selected, both for the background where your arrow is currently sitting, and for the background on the tile where it is supposed to move? Also, what is your editor version, and is the top left B tile set to a star for passage setting?

Kurtkakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shaz
yes! here it is
also anotheer thing, i have the same event but with a different switch and it works perfectly fine, ill send a gyazo gif here of the two different events, at the end you see the 2nd event which doesent move at all (the one im having problem with) the difference between them is that they both have different switches

1611713337930.png
1611713385669.png

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If one works and the other doesn't and the ONLY difference between the two is the switch, then my guess would be that the switch is not turned on. Have you confirmed this by going into the debug menu while the game is playing? (F9) Are you using that switch for anything else, including in plugins?

Kurtkakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If one works and the other doesn't and the ONLY difference between the two is the switch, then my guess would be that the switch is not turned on. Have you confirmed this by going into the debug menu while the game is playing? (F9) Are you using that switch for anything else, including in plugins?
@Shaz

I did check and they are on in the debug menu, and the switch isint used in plugins

Unisoft

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What’s on page 9 of your ghost event?

And why do you turn the switch off 60 frames after it’s turned on? Have you tried deleting the command turning it off there?

Kurtkakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What’s on page 9 of your ghost event?

And why do you turn the switch off 60 frames after it’s turned on? Have you tried deleting the command turning it off there?
@Unisoft @Shaz
i fixed it by remaking the events, also i need the wait so the arrows wont quickly dissapear but now i have a new problem! here
so the first row (1-2) triggers at the same time, and at a 2nd event the 2nd row triggers doing the same as the first row, im trying to make it diagonal but it wont work!
also sorry for my bad spelling in the image, i was rushing

1611721739824.png

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm afraid I don't understand what you're saying. Perhaps you should explain the mechanic of what you're trying to achieve, rather than how you're doing it. It sounds like you may not be approaching it in the best way.

Kurtkakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shaz
Ah yes, i'm very sorry! i'm creating an arrow dodging mechanic, the boss triggers the first wave of arrows then after a while it triggers a second wave of arrows, would you like me to send over the files of the game so you can take a look at it yourself if youre still confused?

Unisoft

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So you want 1 from the top row to move down, and 1 from the bottom row to move up, and then automatically after another wait period you’d like 2 from the top to move down and 2 from the bottom to move up?
You’ve set up the ‘2’s so that they are triggered by different switches, yes?

Kurtkakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So you want 1 from the top row to move down, and 1 from the bottom row to move up, and then automatically after another wait period you’d like 2 from the top to move down and 2 from the bottom to move up?
You’ve set up the ‘2’s so that they are triggered by different switches, yes?
@Unisoft
yes

Unisoft

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay. I don’t think the issue is with the movement but these switches. Is there any chance we could have a screenshot of each of the four events, clearly labelled with which one (i.e a 1 or a 2) they are on your most recent screenshot? Also, a screenshot of wherever you are turning on the relevant switches (all I can see so far is your original one with the stage 1 phase 2 switch being controlled).

Kurtkakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay. I don’t think the issue is with the movement but these switches. Is there any chance we could have a screenshot of each of the four events, clearly labelled with which one (i.e a 1 or a 2) they are on your most recent screenshot? Also, a screenshot of wherever you are turning on the relevant switches (all I can see so far is your original one with the stage 1 phase 2 switch being controlled).
@Unisoft
here, the events are all in order (left-right top-bottom)
and the last two are the events that trigger them

1611781840145.png
1611781862796.png1
1611781873343.png

1611781886012.png

1611781916159.png
1611781929146.png

Unisoft

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for those. I can’t actually see anything wrong! I’m not familiar with how the self switches plug-in works, as I don’t use it, so I’ll have to assume you’ve used it correctly.

two things:

1) Is the first page on events 20 and 21 definitely not triggering anything? (Can’t see them obviously) might just be a silly thing that’s been left in (but judging from the rest of it, maybe it won’t be this...)

2) if we can’t work out the issue, can you just physically swap over the positions of two of the events and just change the sprites and movement? They should still trigger at the same time, but give the appearance you’re looking for. A bit of a fudge but I cannot see what is causing the problem!

Kurtkakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for those. I can’t actually see anything wrong! I’m not familiar with how the self switches plug-in works, as I don’t use it, so I’ll have to assume you’ve used it correctly.

two things:

1) Is the first page on events 20 and 21 definitely not triggering anything? (Can’t see them obviously) might just be a silly thing that’s been left in (but judging from the rest of it, maybe it won’t be this...)

2) if we can’t work out the issue, can you just physically swap over the positions of two of the events and just change the sprites and movement? They should still trigger at the same time, but give the appearance you’re looking for. A bit of a fudge but I cannot see what is causing the problem!
ive tried that before, no luck at all... but thank you for trying to help!

Unisoft

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No problem. Sorry for not managing to find a solution. I’m out of ideas.

Kurtkakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just fixed it! in the first events of each page theres a set event location, i just changed it around and it got fixed!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finished reworking the design of my Itch.io page <3 Back to making plugins.
I kind of want make a map that's just giant version of the player that's they're running around on. Either by stringing together multiple maps or just by shrinking the player sprite for those maps. Actually that might make a fun reveal... The player's on a normal looking map, but then as realization dawns on them it zooms out to show a much larger map that's a giant version of the player. :LZSexcite:
Do you like to practice level design? I do hahahaha! It's not from a specific game, it's just some tests...Fase 1.png
I really need a better indicator of where you can jump up and down though I feel... otherwise I like how this turned out for the first part of the first dungeon of the game.
@Shaz needs to make a website for his plugins. (it can be done easily for free with google sites.) I can't find a database of them anywhere!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ocarina654