Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is here, it's free and it is ready.
It is tested and it works, rock steady.
Not so many typos anymore, thanks to the community.

Events MV is a full tutorial on RPG Maker MV, that contains:
  • A tour to the interface
  • A tour to all Event Commands
  • A tour to the Database
  • A tutorial on parallax mapping without plugin usage
  • A tutorial on parallax mapping using plugins
  • A bunch of bad jokes, several funny references, hopefully an enjoyable scenario
  • The continuation of Eric's story from the game EVENTS (yes it's a sequel)
  • Members of this forum, including the evil boss
  • The debug chicken (cause why not?)
Get it here (Windows Version), leave feedback on this thread.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/98egjahktn27s6g/EventsMV_0.91.zip?dl=0

If you are using Apple products, try the web version. If your browser does not run the index.html, try runnung it under Firefox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybojabd1a77ha4o/Events_MV_for_browser.zip?dl=0

If link won't work, send me a PM.
If you find a bug, a typo or bad use of English, or anything wrong with the game, send me a PM.

Current State: Playable but need to fix a few typos and use of English issues!
The prequel of Events MV was Events:
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/free-tutorial-game-for-vx-ace-events.29370/

Last edited:

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just looked at it for a minute or two, this looks pretty fun and usefull.
Think you spelled argument as argumend at the beginning but not sure 'cause it's 3am here so I could've just mis-read lol

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are lots of typos that I am gonna fix. This is still a beta but fully playable.
I will get info from the community and debug everything gradually.

Whoever plays it through and collects typos, bad use of English, and gives me one big detailed PM as feedback to fix em, will be added in Credits as a beta tester. It doesn't matter if others will do it. Everyone who will contribute till 29th of the month will be in the credits. Just don't spam me with PMs, send one and big. ;)

Last edited:

CodeHunterEx

Hunter of the Perfect Code
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Not sure why, but on my system the images shown in the first chest in the first tutorial room are all dark and I can only make out the borders and some of the colours. Could it be my system?

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure why, but on my system the images shown in the first chest in the first tutorial room are all dark and I can only make out the borders and some of the colours. Could it be my system?
Probably. But I want people to give me feedback on that.
If there is an issue on more than one systems then I must act.

CodeHunterEx

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have completed the game! That was G R E A T!!!!

I really enjoyed it, and I have a few things I want to try in vx ace from the parallax tutorials you did.

Thank you.

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can tell that it is me who has to thank you, for your work @CodeHunterEx. I will replace the files, playtest it, fix a few more issues you noticed and release the new version.

MaGicBush

Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I tried the tutorial for a while, and it's a great idea! I found a few bugs though.

First spelling errors as you noted:

Typo during the intro dialogue "A good video game" says "explaination" instead of "explanation".

"Why isn't that hall straight? Did the architect "had" the hiccups?" should be "have".

"Don't you dare "touching" me." Should be "touch" I assume.

"use it to reveiw the controls." should be "review".

I saw a few others as well, but they were more just oddly worded sentences mostly in the "notes." I will note some more as I go through it more though.

Also I ran into two different occasions where the game just locked up. Once was in the first hallway after all the couches. One of the dialogues stopped responding, and wouldn't let me continue, but on a second play through that didn't happen.

I also ran into another lockup after using the credit machine. The credits rolled fine, and then after that when it returns to the game screen I was unable to do anything. It just kept making the menu noises when I hit z or x, and I wasn't able to move at all. I quit at this point, but plan to finish it later.

Thanks for the interesting idea, and I hope to learn a bit from the parallax mapping portion(I am pretty familiar with MV, but always looking for tips)!

Last edited:

CodeHunterEx

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think his parallaxing tutorial in this game is great. He explains and even gives a couple examples and really explains it well, in my opinion. You will encounter a room where it is explained and see what I am refering to.

As far as the lock-ups, I haven't found any in my playing of the game. I am on a second play through checking out some work I have done.

Edit: In the comment above, it is "Did the architect have the hiccups?"

MaGicBush

Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heh yea I changed the has to have just now. I got through the parallax mapping, and forgot a step so I was wanting to view the tutorial on it again, but never got a note or "book" to look at that part again. I only see one for the basic mapping. It would be good to get a book for the parallax stuff as well as that is a great tutorial for sure. That is one aspect I have yet to mess with in RPG Maker that would help a lot on a few of my maps. I guess I will do a second play through and save right before that spot. I will also say that if you use the item book for mapping after that tutorial ends the picture will stay on the screen until you reload.

Last edited:

CodeHunterEx

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I found 3 copies of "explaination" and corrected them.

Fixed "reveiw" (I also missed that)

Thank you MaGicBush. Those I missed.

Last edited:

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Reveial yourself! Lol so many typos, so bad use of English, so many people willing to help out though. I am so glad.

Edit:
Work migrated, Dropbox link updated.
The new beta version is on.

Last edited:

mizumi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! I'm happy to be able to play this tutorial to re-learn how to use RPG MV. I will edit my post as I go through it so that I can keep a good count.
The first thing that I found is a misspelling in the first tutorial. You have "In canse" instead of "in case". Thank you for making a fun way to learn how to use RPG MV!!!

Edit: I don't know if this is a glitch or my computer, but when going through the second chest in the first tutorial, after it explains the character generator, the picture on the next two segments goes to the top of the screen and cuts off half of the picture that I can't see the part of the tutorial that I'm suppose to see

Last edited:

Dimitris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Dreadshadow is going to make me buy MV. I played the first Events way back when and it helped with understanding things in the game. This one is also fun, I love the Eric-creator interaction! You did it again Dread, well done man!

CodeHunterEx

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just to toss in a couple of pennies into the pot, I will make a comment here. Just something that occurred to me and I thought I would post it.

Games like these are a good thing, not just because it is educational and helps new users and those looking into the engine.

If you think about it, they also can be called a 'Thank you' to the community. Giving the community something back for all help and/or support/etc one has received along the way. This is ALWAYS a good thing.

And that concludes my little babble I just couldn't help mentioning. Oh, and I am now out of pennies. :p

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well thank you all for yourkind words.
Sometimes you really needed kind words, especially when some thing in real life didn't went as expected.
Sometimes you get driven by people you never met in real life, but you are feeling them more real that people you actually met.
Thanks guys!

Amane Kagari

Knight Regalius of Regisia Kingdom
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I didn't realize there was a tutorial game until today. And I really learned something new from this so I just want to thank you @Dreadshadow for this entertainingly lovely tutorial! Makes things easier to understand for me. :D ♥

Last edited:

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am so glad you found it helpful! Thank you for your kind words.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What a neat idea. I'm pretty familiar with the engine, but kinda want to play it solely because I'm curious about how you executed it. (Not that I think I wouldn't learn something new, I'm sure I would/will)

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What a neat idea. I'm pretty familiar with the engine, but kinda want to play it solely because I'm curious about how you executed it. (Not that I think I wouldn't learn something new, I'm sure I would/will)
Feedback will be highly appreciated. Can't wait to hear back from you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i watched the sonic movie it was pretty good i hope they make a sequel
tomorrow I'ma go on a cruise for the first time ever... lets hope I'll survive the experience!
Omg! 8 years in this forum :o
Ksi
Streaming the last of the RMN Valentiny event games so feel free to drop on by and watch me cry (whether that's from laughter, rage or sheer pain, who knows?)
Today I went to sleep without setting an alarm, so I could sleep more than 2 hours. I woke up after 2 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alomoes