Events suddenly disappeared from the map.

MasterNight01

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone. I'll try to be quick.

So, a couple days ago, I had a project in which there are events that appeared with no problem (there are NO conditions set for them to appear, no switches, no variables, etc.). These are quite complex, but I don't think that's the core of the issue. They also have a light graphic which displayed normally.

Until now.

After some days, I reopened the project (I didn't touch anything related to events), testplayed it again, and those events, by some sort of magic, disappeared. What I found really strange, though, is that the hitbox for those events IS there, so I can determine the place where they are (it won't let me place the main character in that tile), But they are just not triggering when I press Enter.

I should also clarify that all of these have 3 pages where the first is the main thing happening (some questions and you have to answer them), the second page makes the event disappear when the question is correctly answered (it activates the A self-switch that removes all the actions so you can't repeat the question), and the third page has a conditional branch that resets the entire event (allowing you to answer the question again) if one normal switch I have is turned on.

As I mentioned earlier, I haven't touched anything related to events or switches in the meantime. And before, this was working totally fine. How?!

Please, if you know something in the game that could be interfering with this, I'll be very appreciated.

-MasterNight01

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your description isn't completely clear - have they vanished in the editor or are you only talking about ingame?

Can you open the event in the editor to display the pages? Can you create new events elsewhere?

If the problem is in the editor, then either the editor itself or the project files have been damaged. First check would be to reinstall the editor to make sure that all possibly damaged files are replaced with their correct version.

If the problem is ingame, we need to see screenshots of all event pages.

MasterNight01

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hi Andar,

Sorry for not specifying that information. The events are present in the editor, they disappear when you try to play the game. Strangely, other events that are just pure visuals do display. Of course, I can open the events and edit everything.

I reinstalled the editor to make sure it's not the problem. And it isn't.

I attached to this post how every "faulty" event looks like (the only thing that changes is the dialogues, that are in spanish, but I don't think that's a problem). Page 1 of the event goes on for 4 pictures :V

1.PNG

2.PNG

2_1.PNG

3.PNG

3_1.PNG

4.PNG

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your problem is page priority

Because page 3 has no conditions and the highest number, it will always take priority over the first two pages - page 1 and 2 cannot be processed.

The control self-switch A=OFF does work - it just has no effect because the third page has the higher page number. than the pages where the self-switch is used.

Make switch 94 a page condition instead of checking it in a conditional branch and everything should work

MasterNight01

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hi, I tried that solution with no luck. Nothing has changed.

As I mentioned earlier, it was previously WORKING with the exact same things. And it can't be a script issue, because I haven't added new scripts in ages.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then please show us the corrected version of the event page and make sure that you started a new game for testing that event (a savefile still contains old data).

No matter what else, if the third page has no conditions then the first and second pages can never work. If that alone doesn't correct the problem, it means that you have additional errors - but you can find those other errors only after you correct that error.

MasterNight01

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hi, I have deleted the third page and it's working fine now. I just don't know what could have happened, it was just working previously with same settings.

Maybe I'll just have to find another method for resetting the event without messing up the priorities.

Thank you so much for helping me out :D  problem's solved now, you can close the thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I made a lot of progress on the 2nd stage of my game. Only 10 levels but it took over a week to design and implement. Cant wait to share more info.
Decided to focus on mapping for once. I've pumped out 15* new maps over the past two days' work, including two larger ones that involved some kinda fancy parallax stuff.

*should actually be 17 by the end of the night.
its been a while help
About to go live with a drawpile stream! Me and some fellow artists will be drawing things based off of prompts!
If I post an item for sale on fb for $750 and say it's in excellent condition, what is going through someone's mind to make them think it is remotely acceptable to offer $300 for it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GotTheJoy