Leah Prime

Intermediate Eventomancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, so I have a somewhat large (70 by 70) map With a reasonable (20-30) amount of "Patrolling" events (And a large amount of stationary events). Some of these events (Let's call them ghosts) are meant to be patrolling in set patterns with eachother. (Ex: Two of them patrolling side by side, or moving in a square opposite to each-other, or crossing each-other in a line)

Now whenever I approach some of these events in my map, they tend to desync, leading them to be at different relative potions in their moveroute to eachother. I assume this is due to some anti lag property of rpg maker MV that unloads the ghosts until they're reasonably close to the player. My question is, is there a script or something that can disable this property for specific ghosts (there's only about 6 ghosts I need to sync up with eachother), or is there some other solution to this problem?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
to prevent lag, autonomous movement is stopped when the event is at a certain distance from the player.

you either need an anti-lag plugin that allows you to take control of that mechanism or circumvent it by eventing.

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is, I have a plugin that allows move routes to proceed regardless. I use it to make birds and various creatures move around on maps regardless of where the player is.

Leah Prime

Intermediate Eventomancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I feel a bit silly requesting this but I have searched around and couldn't find any plugin that does this. Can anyone point me to a specific plugin or name of one?

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
:kaohi: Looks like Yanfly's Move Route Core offers an event notetag for this:
Event Notetags:

<Always Update Movement>
- Most events don't update unless they're close to the screen. But any
event with this notetag will always be updating regardless of whether they
are close to the screen or not.

Alternatively you could try saving this as a .js file (copy into a text editor, Save As > File Type: All Files, Filename: whatever.js) and import as a plugin:
JavaScript:
Game_CharacterBase.prototype.isNearTheScreen = function() { return true; };
That's probably not ideal, though; if it works, it'll affect all events. :kaoslp:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

How many parameters is 'too many'??
Yay, now back in action Happy Christmas time, coming back!

Back in action to develop the indie game that has been long overdue... Final Fallacy. A game that keeps on giving! The development never ends as the developer thinks to be the smart cookie by coming back and beginning by saying... "Oh bother, this indie game has been long overdue..." How could one resist such? No-one c
So I was playing with filters and this looked interesting...

Versus the normal look...

Kind of gives a very different feel. :LZSexcite:
To whom ever person or persons who re-did the DS/DS+ asset packs for MV (as in, they are all 48x48, and not just x2 the pixel scale) .... THANK-YOU!!!!!!!!! XwwwwX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visploo100