Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Logo.PNG

Hello everyone, welcome to my project thread for "Everdine - A Lost Girl's Tale"! :kaojoy:
I'd love to use this thread as some sort of devlog, to share some progress during development!

> About

Everdine - A Lost Girl’s Tale is a RPG Maker Horror Game. It’s heavily inspired by that particular genre, and it’s love for puzzles and chase sequences, and also by folklore, like fairy tales.

The protagonist, Everdine, finds herself lost in a forest of eternal twilight. Soon to be chased by a beast inhabiting these woods, she starts stumbling about the remnants of people that came before her, as she tries to find her way back home.

While you explore the forest, you can encounter serveral NPCs, find hints on people that got lost before you and maybe even unravel some of the secrets regarding the beast and the mysterious mistress of this forest.

To escape Everdine must collect ingredients to prepare a magical ritual that hopefully will take her back home.

Everdine is planned to be a very atmospheric game, with a focus on exploration.
The game will have multiple endings.
I’m aiming for a playtime of somewhere in between 1-3 hours.
It's a commercial project.

> Screenshots

Screenshot03.png

Screenshot04.pngScreenshot05.png

EverdinePromo01.png

> Current Status

In development.

> WISHLIST ON STEAM

Thanks everyone, have a lovely day! <3
- Plue

Last edited:

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
This week I didn't get as much done as the prior ones, because I had to deal with other things, and the tasks I worked on were more time consuming. Like this picture! It's for a cutscene (minus the logo and twitter thing, haha, that's just for promotion).

EverdinePromo01.png

Additionally I worked on the walk sprite for the beast, which will need a few minor tweaks.
A few maps have also been sketched out and I worked on a bit of the writing.
I'm looking forward to be able to share more!

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
nice graphic, if you need a tester, I can help you on it.
it looks amazing though.

Keep up the good work and take your time :)

ElCheffe

JRPG Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really like the look of your trees and the overall flair of the forest...that's what I thought 15 minutes ago.

Then I realized you have a large assortment of trees for sale. Next thought: Well, if I buy these I will have to rework most of my forests...1 minute later....take my money... :kaoswt2:

But independent from that: It really looks gorgeous! Wish you best of luck with your project.

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
This week I spent a lot of time on eventing, sound and creating 2 more maps.
Sound recording and editing is really fun.
Next week I'll focus on patching together the events I've done so far, so I can play through the part I have done so far, as there are still some links missing. At the beginning of the week I had about 5 minutes of gameplay, since then I added a couple of missing cutscenes in, curious to see how much it added, especially considering that more ar still missing.

And to show something, have some more screenshots!
This time one with the beast's artwork:
Screenshot08.png

and a cozy hut in the middle of the forest :)
Screenshot07b.png

Ludi_Tarantula

A duo of a diligent snake and a chaotic spider.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We comment just now because we just saw your posts on our Twitter timeline (we don't log from a lot of time so we had all our timeline invaded with posts about game development since we follow the topic there) and asked ourselves if this game had a page on the forum. It has. Yay.

We knew you from "A Beast Named Eliza" and it was a cute game overrall!
We already see a big improvement here on Everdine especially on graphics and effects on-screen from the GIFs you posted. For example, we notice a good movement on the scene in general =)
Also, the vibe is really good.

Well, can't wait to play it!
-Ludi Tarantula Team

Last edited:

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Haven't updated here in a while, sorry about that!
I'm reworking a lot of the game to improve it further.
I'm currently restructuring the story and will improve the environments with additional art,
as they don't hit what I'm imagining quite yet.

But let me share some things I posted over on my twitter!

Here are some characters you can encounter:
Chars3.PNG

And one of the music pieces!

And a bit of a preview for the exploration:

Twt_Gif11.gif

Twt_Gif12.gif

I'm also looking for 2-3 people that have played a lot of the rpgm horror games and know that genre pretty well and would be willing to take a look at a very early demo build (about 15 mins). The build is already out of date and the content will be completely overhauled, but I'd like some additional feedback to take into consideration for that. Feel free to send me a dm. :3

chiithecat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I enjoyed your last project Eliza, but this one looks far more interesting!
The characters are so unique and well-drawn.
I almost fell in love with the second screenshot you posted on Steam page. It's probably one of the endings? It's fantastic.
Wishlisted! :D

Mushi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Woaa, this looks awesome! The characters are so good, and the big wolf boy is cute! You're a very good artist. I'm watching this, can't wait for a demo or something!!

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't have much new art to show, as I've been mainly working on planning out the maps for all areas of the game, aswell as puzzles etc. I'm at 50+ maps now and there are still a few areas left I have to design. This is when you realise that projects quickly get bigger than expected, haha. :kaoswt2:

levelplanning.PNG
here's the mess that I call planning, haha, rough sketches of the layouts of each level and an additional bunch of notes in a document. :) Keen eyes will see that there aren't any of the old maps in here, that's because I reorganized the beginning part for a better pacing.

And here are some wips for the CGs that I shared on twitter.

I wish everyone a loooovely weekend! :)

also maybe wishlist Everdine on steam, if the project looks interesting or you just want to support a fellow dev? :)

DavePerry

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks great, nice colors and overall feel. Really like that first pic.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

you know, some days you get resentful that game dev is even considered a "fun job" and other days it's like, welp, time to roll up my sleeves and code these molotov cocktails
If you suck at playing trumpets, that is probably why.
Been sick with a stomach virus for seven days now. Not going to work tomorrow because I'm still contagious according to my doctor.
Much as I love my job, I really hate playing "office politics". It would be nice if I didn't have to pretend to be someone else all day long.
I wanna get back into showing off Battlers and other assets I create again. But i'm always haunted by the "It's not good/realistic enough" voices that keep me from doing so.

Maybe I should get back to it, I did enjoy showing off whatever I came up with!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leolotus