Accendor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
N/A
The Time Fantasy series is really big and offers a lot of different options, characters, monster and tilesets.
I am still thinking about buying all of it and basing my next game on it, simply because I like some aspects of the style and it is super convenient because of HOW large it is.
However, I am not very good at seeing the true potential of tiles. I wanted to check some projects that where done with those tilesets, but I actually only found like one video on youtube and thats it.

Could you point me to either screenshots, videos or whole games that were made with it?

Eliaquim

Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!
I found one here on twitter.
This guy is also making one, but not with RPG maker. But using the Time Fantasy graphics. Doolin Digital

QuietPenguin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I own the full set and have played around a lot with it in the past. They are great in that they are fairly detailed / pretty but still simplistic enough for someone who is only a mediocre pixel artist to mix & match (or modify) to make additional sprites / tiles. They remind me of SaGa Frontier 2 -- which is one of my favorite games of all time. And with some basic art skill and creative mapping, it's close to enough art for a full-size RPG with a wide variety of locations.

That said, I've noticed an increasing number of games using those graphics lately. So relying on them instead of RTP is not going to make your game stand out as much as it once might have. Still, I think it is vastly superior art to RTP in just about every way and I highly recommend trying it out.

IguanaGuy

Developing I.C.B.M. :Unleashed!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm just starting to make a game (probably not commercial level though)using the Time Fantasy stuff only ( As much as possible) I have noticed that there is a lot of stuff out there for this style as far as world regions and characters go. I think the style will suit a wide range of game genres from fantasy to modern to futuristic depending which DLC sets you get. The creator of these tiles is also still active at making new items for the TF series and has a Paetron page where you can join and get exclusive items as well. I think it speaks volumes knowing this style is by No Means dead in the water or at a standstill for new content.

Accendor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
N/A

I don't mean to toot my own horn here, but if you want examples of the desert tiles my game has a few.
Thank you everybody for the replies, however I must say, that this one actually helped me the most. The fact that I could play your game directly on that page gave me so much more insight than I had before.
I will buy ALL THE ASSETS now, they will do exactly what I need them to do.

TheLastYuriSamurai

TheLastYuriSamurai
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you everybody for the replies, however I must say, that this one actually helped me the most. The fact that I could play your game directly on that page gave me so much more insight than I had before.
I will buy ALL THE ASSETS now, they will do exactly what I need them to do.
Why thank you!!! I'm happy that my work could help you! I still need to work on my mapping skills but I'm glad it was something that could help you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

lunarrosecrow wrote on hiddenone's profile.
please don't lurk hiddenone I'm quarantining!!!
lunarrosecrow wrote on Edward.T's profile.
Hello Edward sorry to bother you and didn't start a conversation cause I thought i'd be a little weird or disrespectful but I was wondering do you still have your Generator resources you posted as the links on the page are dead?
Stream will be live shortly! It is my birthday, and thus I am doing an extended stream! I will be doing a variety of things. Among the activities I will be doing: Playing Oceanhorn: Monster of the Uncharted Seas, art, and some Text Adventure~ Feel free to drop by!
It would be cool if you could "copy as code" event commands :< .
Just managed to recover my Yahoo e-mail that i lost 3 months ago. Turns out an IP from U.S had hacked it and set the pass back to normal.. Like WTF ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannyBee21