Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heyho again!

I am using Yanfly's Action Sequence Packs to create In-Battle-Cut-Scenes and would like to include Dialogue in those Scenes. The command to hide the battle hud however also hides the message window.
An obvious solution would be to show the battle hud, when the message plays and hide it again afterward, but in this case for a tiny moment the full hud becomes visible, before it is hidden again by the message window.
If I have more than one message of dialogue now, the rest of the hud keeps turning on and off, which looks really awkward.

Can I somehow edit the script to manipulate the hide hud command, so that the message window is not affected?

Another way to make it look less unintentional would be to make the rest of the hud stay, when the message window pops out. This way it would at least not turn on and off al the time.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Zero_G

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I can look into it, can you tell me which plugin is the the command you are using? And paste here the exact command you are using to hide the battle hud.

coucassi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you!

I am using Yanfly's Action Sequence Packs. The Pack that introduces the option to hide the battle hud is YEP_X_ActSeqPack_2. The mother PlugIn is YEP_BattleEngineCore, just in case.

The Sequence Packs allow to create unique Skills via Skill Note Tag. What I have to type in to make the Battle Hud disappear is this:

<target action> HIDE BATTLE HUD </target action>

This way a skill is created that, when it is used hides the battle hud. It stays hidden even after the skill is executed until another skill comes into action whos notetag contains the following:

<target action> SHOW BATTLE HUD </target action>

Please tell me if you need anything else, I'll try to make things as clear as possible.

Zero_G

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ok, I was checking on it, the function that hides or shows the HUD is this:
JavaScript:
BattleManager.actionBattleHud = function(actionName) {
  if (actionName === 'HIDE BATTLE HUD') {
    this._windowLayer.x = Graphics.boxWidth * 495;
  } else if (actionName === 'SHOW BATTLE HUD') {
    this._windowLayer.x = 0;
  }
  return false;
}

Problem with this, is that is this is hiding the whole layer, not each window individually. So the function has to be rewritten to do that, and exclude the message window.
Sadly I don't have the time to do that, so I recommend that you make a thread in "Plugin Requests" about this (Or ask a mod to move this one).

Alternately you can manualy use these script calls instead of the yanfly's hide/show, to fix that "hud keeps turning on and off" problem:
JavaScript:
SceneManager._scene._windowLayer.visible = false // hide it
SceneManager._scene._windowLayer.visible = true // show it

Last edited:

coucassi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for your effort! I will try a few things with your script calls and do as your suggested if it doesn't help.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
need a time to not open my MV,still addicted with new vegas

i wonder what addiction effect behind playing new vegas too much,maybe INT & Science gone worse in many days :D
cdjensen94 wrote on Kaliya's profile.
Are you the one who develops Kaliya's Visual Map Enhancements. If so I desperately need some help. I bought the plugin back a few months. I've only started using it recently.
Cause MP Damage instead of HP, Localization Plugin for Translation | RPG Maker News #112

Here in Fla were are seeing crazy covid spikes and some vaccinated getting bad infections. I had a mild fever on Thurs but it went down fast. How is everyone else doing. Hopefully you are all well. :)
Wish I was better at art, specifically that I was faster at it, bc this one NPC took Several Days to complete! It's gonna take So Extremely Long to do all of the art for my game, never mind writing it... Anyways, here's my gorgon, Hopernica Sthyxis!

57b88732c7abbcd84981dacf624a98495af61fcc.gifv

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senppai90