Excluding unused files during deployment

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Deployment' started by ninja_tom, Nov 13, 2016.

1. ninja_tom

ninja_tom Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I am using git to backup my source files. That has a folder ".git" in the root of the project with all previous revisions of the project in it. As you can imagine its a large folder.

When I click deployment (and "exclude unused files") the .git folder is copied into the deployment folder (as well as some other files a readme for the source etc).

I think I can configure the exclude unused files plugin (according to the F1 help) but I can't find out _where_ that config should go.

Please help!

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    anything not used is automatically excluded, you only need to register files that are needed, and then you should either register them in the plugin that needs them or create a map that has events using them (but is never entered ingame). The help part you're referring to is where to register the parts to be included, but you don't want to add that.

If those files are copied, then eiter they are registered/used somewhere in the game and you need to find out where, or something went wrong with the exclude option on deployment - try to reinstall for example.

For better help, we need more info on what files are included and what exactly you've done.

3. ninja_tom

ninja_tom Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I am not sure if you are familiar with Git (https://git-scm.com/) but the files are definitely not directly referenced from the project.

I have a workaround now. I have a parent folder that has my contributers.txt and .git folder as well as a "src" folder that has the RPGMaker project so it seems OK now.

Thanks for the help anyway!

When you say "try to reinstall" - do you mean reinstall the whole of RPGMaker from Steam?