AeroFunk80

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I found a couple of threads on changing your game's icon... but putting a new icon in the "icon" folder only changes the game's icon that shows up on your taskbar. Is there a way to change the folder's EXE icon? For example... when you download a game off Steam, each game has its unique icon on your desktop. I want a custom EXE icon instead of (no offense) the default icon. That way, it can match the theme of my game with my own artwork.

I'm not sure if we can and how to change this. Would I need a plugin? Or is there something I'm missing inside a folder, etc?

Thanks! :cool:

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are a number of threads about this. You'd use Resource Hacker to unpack the executable and replace the icon.

SpyroFan67

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I found a couple of threads on changing your game's icon... but putting a new icon in the "icon" folder only changes the game's icon that shows up on your taskbar. Is there a way to change the folder's EXE icon? For example... when you download a game off Steam, each game has its unique icon on your desktop. I want a custom EXE icon instead of (no offense) the default icon. That way, it can match the theme of my game with my own artwork.

I'm not sure if we can and how to change this. Would I need a plugin? Or is there something I'm missing inside a folder, etc?

Thanks! :cool:
Your game sounds very interesting. I'm really into all the old-school computer games, even ones that were around before I was born, and the plot of your game reminds of me of that old sci-fi game called "Suspended-A Cryogenic Nightmare". Were you by any chance inspired by it?

AeroFunk80

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are a number of threads about this. You'd use Resource Hacker to unpack the executable and replace the icon.
Thank you. I couldn't find anything, but maybe I didn't look hard enough. I'll search for that resource hacker though and get it figured out. Thank you :)

Your game sounds very interesting. I'm really into all the old-school computer games, even ones that were around before I was born, and the plot of your game reminds of me of that old sci-fi game called "Suspended-A Cryogenic Nightmare". Were you by any chance inspired by it?
Thank you! I'd love to get your thoughts and feedback if you play, but probably should direct that to my game's thread so we don't get yelled at by the mods LOL You can find and follow my thread here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...io-synthetica-sci-fi-horror-adventure.141406/

That link also leads to my socials, so hit me up anytime. Would love for you to try it out :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Trying out Greedfall. The story is interesting and the voice acting is good, but holy cow are the faces and their animations distractingly terrible.
Ok so I guess I don't need 400+ events on one map.
inPr9l.png

Continuing our countdown with Capsule Monster #12 Scared Crow! This support CapMon can attack from distance with it’s Scared Bow and blind enemies!
https://thelastyurisamurai.itch.io/capsule-monsters-tactics
1685999595709.png
slowly making progress

When you dont have any memories, walk into an old bar and you feel completely out of place...
My next mission is to make something in the style of an Atari 2600 game. Games from that era have looks that only a mother could love. Is it even possible to make something look visually appealing with this style, let's see!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maneki_neko