Execute external programs / Create a file, etc.

AloneForLong

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is there any kind of script madness I could go with to execute an external program or something, such as opening notepad.exe? I really just want it to be like this:
walk onto an event tile, (player touch trigger) then open notepad.exe with a script from Ruby

and also I want to know how to make a script that could create a .txt file in the game folder just to add a little disturbingness sort of- kind of similar to Doki Doki Literature Club, when it
executes events in renpy to create files and delete files from the game folder and stuff..
. However, I want it to simply make a text file with some content and a name in the game folder like as in:
Document/RPGVXAce/(gamename)/(Folder where the text file would go)\TEXTFILENAME.txt

So basically a script that could make files with content, all in one script. I really am trying to figure it out, but I just don't know how, so, just to add a little more variety to my game I want something like that. (I'm bad at explaining this)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't tell you how it is done, but I can point you in a direction of where to start:

search for a script called SES External Text here on the forum, that script reads and creates text files for handling messages and multi-language options.

Faherya

The Knight of the Sad Figure
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yes. While I was working on this, I've made some methods that you can call from events. You can use then to create files, open external softwares and open and use web browsers. However, the explanation are in portuguese and I can't translate right now. If you have problems, let me know later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

suspended on twitter for calling an ahole an ahole & appealing the tweet; furious at myself for being even slightly upset with my suspension: oh no, you've been temporarily banned from hell. GET OVER IT, me.
how can you download the tiles from a forum post here? HELP
That moment when you post the wrong download link to your game and wonder why it got so few downloads... :mad:
Trying to make it so my map is cleared of "random" events after the player leaves the map... to little success >.< I think I might need to ask help for this.
Had my first interaction with a legit homophobe concerning one of my games today. Tempting to engage, but pointless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CecilGP