BlueSoull

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
France
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Helo
Je ne sais pas si je suis dans la bonne section, donc je laisse libre cours au déplacement de se msg si ce n'est pas le qu'a.

Enfin bref je viens vers vous pour savoir si il existe des starter kit de Pokemon pour MV
par exemple je cherche un moyen d'ajouté tout les stats des Pokemon en format "classes" sans a devoir me tapé les 151 premier a la mains?

Google traduction -->

Helo
I do not know if I am in the right section, so I give free rein to moving msg if it is not the only one.

Anyway, I'm coming to you to find out if there are Pokemon starter kits for MV for example I am looking for a way to add all the Pokemon stats in "class" format without having to type the first 151 by hand?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not aware of any template for RPG Maker MV.

Just a heads up though, the existing Pokemon Essential project is illegal and banned from this forum. That project contains rip assets which infringe on copyrights. We do not allow discussions on the Pokemon Essential projects.

BlueSoull

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
France
Primarily Uses
RMMV
je vois desolé si mon msg a transgresser une regle du forum ou si il pu apporté une confusion.
Je cherche juste un moyen de cree un fangame grace a MV

Google traduction ->

I see sorry if my msg has transgressed a rule of the forum or if it could have brought a confusion. I'm just looking for a way to make a fangame thanks to MV

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem is that the old pokemon essentials for XP have basically poisoned most attempts at a pokemon fangame due to the illegal rips it contained.

fangames can only be barely legal if they 1) do not contain any illegal resource and 2) are a parody of the original (as that is the only way to claim fair use).
so to make a pokemon game you'll need dozens of original pictures that resemble the pokemons without being stolen from real pokemon games. That is a lot of work for an artist, and no one made that work while the ripped pokemon essentials were around.
now that those are gone, there has not been enough time to replicate that work in a legal way, and most artists who try to start that have the problem that their work might be called ripped from those essentials even if it is not.

so you'll have better chances if you either look for a different type of fangame or make those pictures for yourself.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

BlueSoull

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
France
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Merci d'avoir rectifier mon erreur vis a vis de mon poste dans la mauvaise section.

Ensuite je comprend le principe d'illégalité lié a tout fangame Pokemon, néanmoins je souhaiterais pouvoir en crée un pour le plaisir de le partagé avec les copains (privée) et de crée une histoire qui nous plaise.

je suis également bien conscient que tout la partie "Tileset" et "Skin" devrons être fait a la main par mes soins si je souhaite pouvoir crée un fangame.

Malgré cela est il possible quand même de trouvez des "log" regroupent les (151x4) statistiques des 151 1er Pokemon ... Je supposé que rien que cela ne devrais pas être illégale vue que cela ne concerner que une partie Numérique et non design ?

Google traduction ->

Thank you for correcting my error regarding my post in the wrong section.

Then I understand the principle of illegality linked to any Pokemon fangame, however I would like to be able to create one for the pleasure of sharing it with friends (private) and creating a story that we like.

I am also well aware that all the "Tileset" and "Skin" part will have to be done by hand by me if I want to be able to create a fangame.

Despite this it is still possible to find "log" grouping the (151x4) statistics of the 151 1st Pokemon ... I suppose that nothing that it should not be illegal since it only concerns a Digital part and not design?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@BlueSoull
French/Français:
Les droits d'auteurs s'étendent même au code informatique de n'importe quelle application. Donc les paramètres des 151 premiers Pokemon devraient techniquement être protégés par les droits d'auteurs. Seul un juge pourra définitivement décider s'il s'agit d'une extension de l'oeuvre ou bien simplement une série de chiffres non protégée.

Ce forum est le forum officiel de RPG Maker et maintenu par Degica, donc pour des raisons de responsabilités, notre politque est de ne pas offrir de support à tout développeur qui enfreint les droits d'auteurs.

English/English:
Copyrights protects even the source code of any software or application. So the parameters of the first 151 pokemons should in theory be protected by copyrights. However, only a judge can definitely rule on that, since it could be only a group of numbers (not protected), but it's most likely an extension of a protected application and part of it (protected).

This is the official forum of RPG Maker maintained by Degica. In order to avoid liability, we don't offer support to developers that infringe on copyrights.

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem is that the old pokemon essentials for XP have basically poisoned most attempts at a pokemon fangame due to the illegal rips it contained.

fangames can only be barely legal if they 1) do not contain any illegal resource and 2) are a parody of the original (as that is the only way to claim fair use).
so to make a pokemon game you'll need dozens of original pictures that resemble the pokemons without being stolen from real pokemon games. That is a lot of work for an artist, and no one made that work while the ripped pokemon essentials were around.
now that those are gone, there has not been enough time to replicate that work in a legal way, and most artists who try to start that have the problem that their work might be called ripped from those essentials even if it is not.

so you'll have better chances if you either look for a different type of fangame or make those pictures for yourself.
You need a good team of artists. Or one or two who have a lot of stamina. Several Pokémon fan games use a roster of Fauxkémon instead of real ones. Just look at projects like Pokémon Sage.

BlueSoull

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
France
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Je vois!
Je vous remercie beaucoup pour tout ces informations

A l'avenir j'essayere de plus me documenté sur le sujet du "Droit" sur les jeux vidéo
Encore merci

Google traduction ->

I see !
Thank you very much for all this information

In the future I will try more documented myself on the subject of "Law" on video games
Thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally finished my first big game since joining the forums! Please check out Petal Knights! https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/petal-knights-playable-now.117898/
Back home now :cutesmile:

Many thanks to all my fellow game devs. for all the support during this crazy time.

Feeling a bit rough but much better then bein' hospitalized at least.

Now time to get back to the code :D
Added skill ranges, and very basic implementation of scope, with a rule called "empty tile" that simply returns true if the selected tile is empty (has a battler), and false otherwise

This means movement range and attack ranges are all automatically implemented.

More info: https://himeworks.itch.io/grid-battle-system/devlog/167442/devlog-3-basic-skill-range
Stone masons are hard at work creating beautiful sculptures for your games...
When you realize @Kupotepo is a champion among RM Web users, and it all makes sense now:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr