Exit event processing from another event or a common event?

HomelessWilliam

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Is there a wat to exit event processing from another event? I have some conditions baked in to another event (parallel process), and when they are true I need to end an interaction that the player COULD have with another event.

Any help is much appreciated :)

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

I don't believe you will need a plugin for this from what I'm understanding. If I understand correctly, you want to end a parallel process event from another event? If so, you need to have a second page in the parallel process event with a condition set as a switch. Then have the second event trigger that switch.

If I'm wrong, please explain why and perhaps post screenshots of the events you are working with.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
not sure.
the processes are nested, so if you call another process from a conditional within a process and you "exit process", you're always exiting the inner-most loop.

I believe I did control events from another event, but I don't remember exactly how.
I didn't use a plugin, it was all clever eventing.... let me check.

EDIT: Yes(-ish).
if your exit event corresponds with the last instruction of the lot when considering the entry and exit to that common event from elsewhere, then yes, if you add an exit event to your common event, and that causes the common event to return to the main loop and there's no further instructions below it, then that exit event exits the main loop.
you have to add as many "exit events" as entry points you have on top, regardless of where they are.
if you add 3 exits within a common event, and those correspond to the amount of calls into that common event from other events, and the last exit event occurs when the program is returning to the top most event, then it'll work.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*
Stream will be live shortly with a make-up session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Pootscooter wrote on Pharonix's profile.
Hey @Pharonix, just wondering what you're up to lately and if you've had an opportunity to check out the LTBS thread in the past few days...(a couple of us could really use your expertise). Hope you are well and Happy Thanksgiving!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zoetsoi