Exit v1.0.1
By G.A.M. Kertopermono, a.k.a. GaryCXJk

Download -

Demo
No live demo available
CC0 1.0 Universal
https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/
 About
As you all know HTML5 games don't generally need exit buttons. Neither do mobile versions, as you can just Back or Home your way out. But with desktop that's a whole different thing. You do want to get out without having to resort to using CTRL+F4 or something similar.

This plugin adds this option to both the title screen as well as the Game End option.

Usage
After you add the plugin, you can set the parameters. They're pretty much self-explanatory. "Text - Exit" and "Text - To Desktop" are the text labels for each respective button. The first appears in the title screen, the latter in the Game End window.

"Add to title" and "Add to Game End" both are boolean values, and determine whether or not the new buttons should be added.

On non-desktop browsers the game won't add the exit options. They could be made visible, but they don't work, so it's pretty useless to keep them.

Plugin Commands

This plugin contains Plugin Commands. These are as followed:

Exit
Exits the game. This can be executed for both desktop and browser-based clients, but it would only work on desktop.

Compatibility

This plugin overwrites the functions listed below, but still uses the old version, either as the basis for the function or as a fallback. It is advised to place this script below other scripts that use these functions.

• Scene_Title.prototype.createCommandWindow
  • Window_TitleCommand.prototype.makeCommandList
  • Scene_GameEnd.prototype.createCommandWindow
  • Window_GameEnd.prototype.makeCommandList
  • Game_Interpreter.prototype.pluginCommand
License

CC0 1.0 Universal (CC0 1.0)
Public Domain Dedication

The person who associated a work with this deed has dedicated the work to the public domain by waiving all of his or her rights to the work worldwide under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights, to the extent allowed by law.

You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.

https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/

Last edited by a moderator:

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice script.

Thanks for making it.

Khaldriel

Last Guardian
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
A great plugin, it's very useful for most projects. If I understood it correctly, the plugin command allows you to exit the game even on custom systems or anywhere we want, so that's a plus.

Thanks for creating it!

GaryCXJk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
As long as it uses NW.JS it can exit normally. I need to test it on other wrappers though, see if I could make it compatible with them.

Khaldriel

Last Guardian
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I meant custom menus and evented systems, not other wrappers, my bad haha. Using that command to exit the game on any custom menu is really useful, that's what I meant.

Thanks again for sharing this plugin!

GaryCXJk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Well, it's a standard command, so you don't really need the plugin for that. To close the application you just need to call SceneManager.exit(). This just does the work for you by adding it to the title screen and Game End dialog.

FroggyGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Download doesn't work anymore :(

GaryCXJk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
That is correct, I have moved everything to a temporary domain, and just now I've added a 301 redirect to the scripts until everything is moved over to the new site, since my site is going through a major redesign, as the old site isn't responsive, although I'm not really sure if responsiveness is really that important since the site is mostly for desktop environments and not smart device environments.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just lost about half a day's worth of work because rpg maker crashed during playtesting and corrupted my file :kaolivid:
Boku.gif
advanced_puzzling.PNG
Having a lot of fun making different poses for my character sets! Open to suggestions/critique!

CSKttqh.png

AABS laser beams features:
1,Shoot penetrating laser beams for player's normal attack
2,Beam's width/damage/comsumes/loot can be controlled by events/variables with great flexibility
3,Beam can rebound to walls or certain regionID
4,Can play SE when shooting beams
5,Beam's images can be solid images or animated ones.
Surprising nobody, it turns out "next Friday" for the next Jump into Javascript has become "possibly Sunday if you're lucky" XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adversary