Exiting menu temp to show cutscene then back to menu and process, HELP!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi Guys!

After reading some of these scripts, I think I kinda understand how some things work :rock-right: :rock-left:

Now, I'm wondering if I can exit a scene menu temporarily and return back to the map, show some cutscenes or members poses then return back to the scene menu and finish processing the rest of script.

For example:

Class Scene_Menu

process code

process code

process code

#from here down I need help

exit menu go back to the map scene and unpause the map

show cutscene/poses

repause and return back to the last scene menu

process rest of code

exit

Looks really painful >_< Does that look just about right? The SceneManager.call(Scene_Map) would work? Then SceneManager.call(Scene_Menu) after words or I'm I out of my earthly mind cuz its ridiculously not possible? BD

Last edited by a moderator:

Chiakscare

Resident Tifaholic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What is your Scene_Menu designed for in terms of how it works for your cutscene, map, etc? "process code" is a bit vague.

KockaAdmiralac

Cube-shaped garbage can
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't know how can you transfer to a cutscene, but you can call a common event like this:

class Window_MenuCommand < Window_Command  alias :kocka_random_alias_make_command_list_3Bdm :make_command_list  def make_command_list    kocka_random_alias_make_command_list_3Bdm    add_command("Cutscene", :cutscene) # <=== CHANGE "Cutscene" TO WHAT TEXT YOU WANT TO BE DISPLAYED  endendclass Scene_Menu < Scene_MenuBase  alias :kocka_random_alias_create_command_window_8bDo :create_command_window  def create_command_window    kocka_random_alias_create_command_window_8bDo    @command_window.set_handler:)cutscene, method:)command_cutscene))  end  def command_cutscene    $game_temp.reserve_common_event(10) # <==== CHANGE 10 TO YOUR COMMON EVENT ID    return_scene  endendSorry for mini-modding, but I think this should go to RGSSx Script Support.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What is your Scene_Menu designed for in terms of how it works for your cutscene, map, etc? "process code" is a bit vague.
Thinkin of making one but b4 I do, I'm just wondering if what I stated above is possible cuz I've tried it dont seem to work unless theres another method?

I don't know how can you transfer to a cutscene, but you can call a common event like this:

class Window_MenuCommand < Window_Command  alias :kocka_random_alias_make_command_list_3Bdm :make_command_list  def make_command_list    kocka_random_alias_make_command_list_3Bdm    add_command("Cutscene", :cutscene) # <=== CHANGE "Cutscene" TO WHAT TEXT YOU WANT TO BE DISPLAYED  endendclass Scene_Menu < Scene_MenuBase  alias :kocka_random_alias_create_command_window_8bDo :create_command_window  def create_command_window    kocka_random_alias_create_command_window_8bDo    @command_window.set_handler:)cutscene, method:)command_cutscene))  end  def command_cutscene    $game_temp.reserve_common_event(10) # <==== CHANGE 10 TO YOUR COMMON EVENT ID    return_scene  endendSorry for mini-modding, but I think this should go to RGSSx Script Support.
Seems to be a great idea using common event. However, the problem is that the common event is called but its not being processed until the window(Scene_Menu) is closed. I even tried switches also but it seems to be doing the same which doesn't process until window is closed

I need to somehow close the window first then call the common event then go call back the window and process the rest of script.

EDIT:

How about if I change the opacity of the window screen(scene_menu) and unpause the map scene then call the common event. But how do I change the windows opacity and how to unpause the map scene considering that what I stated above even works?

KockaAdmiralac

Cube-shaped garbage can
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Of course it's processed until window is closed and Scene has exited.

I knew that will happen.

You can't process common events while in Scene_Menu.

So, what's the problem?

In the original post you said that you wanted to "exit the scene menu temporarily and return to the map".

That's exactly what it does.

Can you explain it a bit more?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry. Took me a tad bit to figure out what alias was cuz u used it, LoL XD

Anyway... here's what I'm trying to attempt

Code:
class Window_MenuCommand < Window_Command  alias :kocka_random_alias_make_command_list_3Bdm :make_command_list  def make_command_list    kocka_random_alias_make_command_list_3Bdm    add_command("Cutscene", :cutscene) # <=== CHANGE "Cutscene" TO WHAT TEXT YOU WANT TO BE DISPLAYED  endendclass Scene_Menu < Scene_MenuBase  alias :kocka_random_alias_create_command_window_8bDo :create_command_window  def create_command_window    kocka_random_alias_create_command_window_8bDo    @command_window.set_handler(:cutscene, method(:command_cutscene))  end  def command_cutscene    $game_switches[90] = true #used to have a switch as a trigger for common event 17    $game_temp.reserve_common_event(17) #at the end of this event turns off switch 90 and turns on 91    return_scene   end      def iscutsceneoverwith     #basically cutscene is over and needs a way to go back to cutscene menu     return if $game_switches[90] == false     if  $game_switches[91] == true          return_scene #<===this here doesn't return back to the cutscene menu          SceneManager.goto(Scene_Menu) #neither this one also          process more code here #if goes back to cutscene menu then continue to process          end   end      alias addingthistoupdate update   def update     super     iscutsceneoverwith   end end

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
def command_cutscene $game_switches[90] = true #used to have a switch as a trigger for common event 17 $game_temp.reserve_common_event(17) #at the end of this event turns off switch 90 and turns on 91 return_scene endIf you're planning to return to the cut-scene menu, you shouldn't be calling return scene here.SceneManager.call(Scene_Map) to push the map scene onto the stack, then return_scene to return to the previous scene (which should be the cutscene menu)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
def command_cutscene $game_switches[90] = true #used to have a switch as a trigger for common event 17 $game_temp.reserve_common_event(17) #at the end of this event turns off switch 90 and turns on 91 return_scene endIf you're planning to return to the cut-scene menu, you shouldn't be calling return scene here.SceneManager.call(Scene_Map) to push the map scene onto the stack, then return_scene to return to the previous scene (which should be the cutscene menu)

I see what ur saying which makes lots of sense. Fixed to what ur saying but still doesnt go back to the menu scene

class Window_MenuCommand < Window_Command alias :kocka_random_alias_make_command_list_3Bdm :make_command_list def make_command_list kocka_random_alias_make_command_list_3Bdm add_command("Cutscene", :cutscene) # <=== CHANGE "Cutscene" TO WHAT TEXT YOU WANT TO BE DISPLAYED endendclass Scene_Menu < Scene_MenuBase alias :kocka_random_alias_create_command_window_8bDo :create_command_window def create_command_window kocka_random_alias_create_command_window_8bDo @command_window.set_handler:)cutscene, method:)command_cutscene)) end def command_cutscene $game_switches[90] = true #used to have a switch as a trigger for common event 17 $game_temp.reserve_common_event(17) #at the end of this event turns off switch 90 and turns on 91 SceneManager.call(Scene_Map) end def iscutsceneoverwith return if $game_switches[90] == false if $game_switches[91] == true return_scene #process more code here #if goes back to cutscene menu then continue to process end end alias addingthistoupdate update_basic def update_basic super iscutsceneoverwith endendis it cuz this one below is not being checked on update since transferred to map scene?

Code:
  def iscutsceneoverwith     return if $game_switches[90] == false     if  $game_switches[91] == true          return_scene          #process more code here #if goes back to cutscene menu then continue to process          end   end

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
You should be able to verify that by putting some print statements to see if it goes into that block.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

here's another RPG Maker remake idea: "Plumbers Don't Wear Ties". I'll salute to whomever does this
I won't finish it today, I only will have time to work on that next Saturday, what a shame... :(
I made something for @LittenDev [as he requested]
It's been a weird while. I've been so torn down that even playing video games has been something I avoided. But I shouldn't forget two things. One, I love RPG Maker for a reason. Two, only way to eat an elephant is a bite at a time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie1976