Experiencing lag problems

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hi, I'm using a new PC with the next specs:
Code:
   Operating System       Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
   Memory                 8 GB
   Processor              Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU  J1900  @ 1.99GHz
   Motherboard            ASRock - Q1900M
   Video Cards            Intel(R) HD Graphics
   Monitors               HP 22xi   
   Hard Disk              TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 (1,0 TB)
   Network Card           WAN Miniport (SSTP)
The FPS from debug (F9) and RPG_RT.exe are around 30.

I have try:
  1. Reviewed Steam and tried different options, but If I launch it from steamapps (avoiding Steam) I continue having the same problem.
  2. I stopped processes and services that I don't use in O.S.
  3. I updated drivers.
  4. I tried non-official 2003 version and there's no problems!
  5. I reviwed directX and I'm using DirectX 12.
  6. I used different options from F5 when I test the game: GDI and DirectDraw, but FPS continue being 30.
I don't know what more to do. It's possible the emulation of directX are bad in new PCs. I'm not sure if the standalone version of RM2003 will work fine, but in my (1) point I tried to launch the program and the game with and without Steam, so...

Thanks.

DarkKxng101

King of Calamity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I'm not sure are you running multiple events on one map?
I don't really have this issue I bought maker 2k3 from RMW, haven't experienced any lag...
1.make sure you're running the latest version of your maker
2. try seeing if it will run better set to run off 1 core only.
if that fixes the issue then we know the problem
3.If your running fullscreen mode, Maybe it's an issue related to the new Fullscreen mode (without DirectDraw, see changelog thread).
otherwise am not sure what the issue could maybe contact cherry or archeia

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it the program itself that is lagging, or a game you've made with it?

If it's a game you made, create a new map and put the starting position there. Don't add ANY events at all. Just play and walk around on the map for a while and see what your frame rate is.

If you get a good frame rate on a map with no events, then it's likely to be something you've done in one or more of your events that's causing the lag, and in that case we'd need to know what sort of events you've got (how many parallel process events, what they're doing, etc).

Are you certain the frame rate isn't meant to be 30? I thought it was with some of the older versions.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
In my previous computer I did not have any of the problems mentioned. It seems that some modern computers have a bad DirectX emulation.

Formerly DirectX was running by hardware, but now it is common running via software and there are chances that, even if DirectX 12 is available, there is poor performance by the team.

As I have integrated graphics, I have no possibility of returning to DirectX 10, which is the most recommended.

Anyway, thanks, mates.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can you put your old computers video card into this new one?
For a new computer (I hate to say it), it's not very good.
You should avoid celeron unless all you do is surf the internet.
Get a dedicated graphics card. Your mobo support pci-e 2.0.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

For anyone who has uploaded a game to Steam and wonders if they actually check your game's build when you first upload it, I can personally vouch for Steam.
6 more towns to make in my game. SIX. not done with interiors yet but SIX EXTERIORS.
what to do when you come across a person that has stated "What if I say, f*** their EULA? I could probably get away with it." concerning asset packs sold here... on this site ...
So a guy enters in a bar and walks up to the counter. He looks the bartender with a mysterious look and asks him...
I've wondered for a while now... what is it about the YED SV plugin that just doesn't do transformations... I feel it's how it looks up the battlers honestly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Galewings