Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey all,

I'm trying to export just an exe for my game. Ideally, I'd want my players to just download the file, click the exe and it run without having to dig in folders. I've already done a Deployment and I don't think my typical player wants a full folder of stuff. The operating system is Windows 10.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can't be done with the editor itself, because all RMMV/MZ games are basically HTML5-games that run in a browser.

however, it can be done by using 3rd-party-software like Enigma Virtual Box to create an exe from the folder. Unfortunately the instructions how to do so have been removed from the RMMZ help file (@Touchfuzzy I think that should be added back like it was in RMMV).

Please search for that program and follow its direction, or ask here for more help on how to pack your program using that or similar other programs.

Last edited:

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You have to normally deploy it and then pack it with Enigma Virtual Box

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That seems to have done the trick. Thanks y'all I appreciate it. A little weird that there's this extra step IMO, but at least the solution isn't too difficult. Although I noticed that if I move around the exe in my folders to different locations it doesn't retain the save data. But for what I'm trying to do it should be fine. Y'all rock!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Although I noticed that if I move around the exe in my folders to different locations it doesn't retain the save data.
that is because by default, the savedata is stored in the browser data structure, and a browser keeps data dependend on the (web) adress even if the adress is the local file location. After all you never want a different website than the intended one to access your stored data.

however there are plugins to redirect savefiles to a specific location on a computer, if you use one of them that will no longer happen.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

and_remember_tomorrow_on_the_plus_side.jpg

After countless hours, I finally solved the mystery of the missing puzzle pieces, but also created the mystery of the space trees... Progress? :kaoswt:
I am playing Momodora today and OMG this game is hard! o.o
Really happy to see people from Brazil doing an amazing game :3
Just noticed... I'm now called a Veteran not just Member...
Effervesce Fallacy™ - PV - C'est La Vie, for the best viewing experience, run the EXE, and adjust the audio via Options. The footsteps sounds are once again, barely audible. :frown: The PV only sounds as intended, if BGM Volume is set to 20%, or 40%, depending on your audio hardware.

Stream will be live shortly with some Gex 3! Tonight, I get revenge on the Buccaneer Program! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netispalsu