PhoenixX92

The Light Bearer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How would I do this? Is it even possible? I don't see an option anywhere.

Tokumei No

Kojima Fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Following, but I can give you some advices about indirect methods.

In the editor, set scale view to 1:1 and take pictures of the whole map, piece by piece as your screen allows, with any screenshot captor which can export to png. Then, with Gimp or Photoshop, reassemble all the screenshots in the whole map and do what you want. 
This method has some disadvantages, though: the various guidelines, event icons etc. shown in the various editor modes will appear on the screenshots. The cleanest mode to take screens is the region ID mode, which though slightly changes the colour tone.

In alternative to this, you can just build your map, set the player transparency on, launch the map in debug mode, take screenshots of the game and then reassemble them.

PhoenixX92

The Light Bearer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Following, but I can give you some advices about indirect methods.

In the editor, set scale view to 1:1 and take pictures of the whole map, piece by piece as your screen allows, with any screenshot captor which can export to png. Then, with Gimp or Photoshop, reassemble all the screenshots in the whole map and do what you want. 
This method has some disadvantages, though: the various guidelines, event icons etc. shown in the various editor modes will appear on the screenshots. The cleanest mode to take screens is the region ID mode, which though slightly changes the colour tone.

In alternative to this, you can just build your map, set the player transparency on, launch the map in debug mode, take screenshots of the game and then reassemble them.

After searching and searching(I asked here after an hour of looking but continued after posting this,) I found one.
Found it here:

http://www.rpgmakercentral.com/topic/3266-map-screenshot/

Or direct link to the script:
http://himeworks.com/2013/02/map-screenshot/

I should note that the script downloads as a .php file, and you can simply open it in Notepad++ to get to the script(specifying and explaining how for those who may stumble across this and not know how to open PHP's)

Credits

Cidiomar - for autotile and shadow implementation as well as the bitmap exporter.
Cremno - GDI+ interface
Moon - auto-tile info
Mephistox - clarifying some math formulas          

Last edited by a moderator:

Tokumei No

Kojima Fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
That is a precious script! Thank you for sharing :)

PhoenixX92

The Light Bearer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is a precious script! Thank you for sharing :)

I edited the comment to give credit to the people who made the script.
This thing should really be posted in our master script here, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Probably one of the more popular ways of doing this is using Tsukihime's mapshot script.

There is some customisation to do.  For example, if you want chests, NPCs and events in general to show, then you have to change line 112 from false to true, that sort of thing.  But it's very easy to use.

Note, it does have a problem with doors which tend to get displaced a tile down, so if the appearance is critical, then before taking the mapshot you would need to move them up a tile, and then remember to put them back afterwards.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I miss my VXA project, so I might be rushing for RSE. Dropping a random progress report
AeroPergold wrote on LUKElcs's profile.
Its-a me, Pergold from Gamejolt!
I added footstep sounds to our content that I posted in a previous thread. I was unable to edit the post, so if you're interested, see below.

DOWNLOAD LINK

I've started working on rpg maker again, and I can see a lot of improvement from when I was 13. I still have a long way to go, but I'm proud that I've gotten this far.
Animated Title screen is by SharkerrBlue(SB)
I am using the Nightmare Land pack.
I just can't walk to the store for lunch without walking past people smoking. It not only smells bad, it's probably poisoning me. I'm afraid I'll eventually have to be hospitalized. I can't take another path because there's too much traffic and drivers in the plaza are reckless sometimes. I almost got run over once, even after looking both ways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Makatsu