JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Nieghborhood Stygian Zinogre
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I was wondering, I know I have to use Enigma Virtual Box to pack my game as a standalone .exe, but what about exporting for a Mac? Do I need to do anything special for it like the Windows version, or do I just leave the export as is when uploading? I am wanting my game to be available on itch for both Windows and Mac, but I can't just leave the Mac one as is, because many of my game's folders have more than itch's limit of 10 items per folder.

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By exporting, you mean the classic export or a single executable?

Because the classic one requires a expensive Mac machine, since apples has many problematic requirements to export to MacOS and iOS.

JtheDuelist

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@elpeleq42 Well, that brings up a follow-up question: Do I need to do anything special to a Linux export like a Windows one?

It is a shame I can't export to Mac, but ah well...

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@elpeleq42 Well, that brings up a follow-up question: Do I need to do anything special to a Linux export like a Windows one?

It is a shame I can't export to Mac, but ah well...
Seems you answered my old reply xD

Anyway: No. For linux you get a direct executable + files, which the user just need to double-click(after marking it as executable once, but meh, every linux user will know that) the same way windows will. Probably there's also a software/easy way to make it a single executable or a .deb installer after that.

Unfortunately apple is the way it is, so yea... no way around, no matter the engine/software.

JtheDuelist

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@elpeleq42 So for a Linux export, I just deploy and done? I'm trying to minimize the game to fit itch's requirements, so I am looking to make the game a standalone single executable.

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@elpeleq42 So for a Linux export, I just deploy and done? I'm trying to minimize the game to fit itch's requirements, so I am looking to make the game a standalone single executable.
You can create a .deb installer. It will be a single file, which will install the game(creating a shortcut and everything) and which works on ubuntu, debian, mint,etc (most Linux distributions).

https://askubuntu.com/questions/120758/how-do-i-make-a-deb-in-windows
(You may find another way searching in google, but I couldn't)

I don't know other ways to make a single executable.

JtheDuelist

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@elpeleq42
:kaosigh:Oi, I can't even begin to comprehend that... Maybe I should stick to keeping it exclusive to Windows for now...

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Doesn't itch allow to upload a .zip ?

JtheDuelist

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@elpeleq42 Yes, but itch has a limitation of 10 items per folder in the zip file (ie: for an RM game's case, 10 files in "BGM", 10 in "img", etc...), so as is, my game completely breaks that rule (heck, my img folder alone has about 13-16 folders for images needed by various plugins, and in these folders at least 30+ images)...

EDIT: :kaoback:Now I fell dumb...
What limits apply to projects and accounts?
We put some limits on new accounts to prevent abuse. We can disable them by request, all you have to do is contact us.

• There is a soft limit of 20 project pages.
  • Individual file size is limited, and you should have 10 files max per page.
    The limit can be raised to by request.
Because itch.io lets users download the files exactly as you uploaded them you can upload any kind of project for any kind of platform. There are no restrictions.

We have classifications for tools, comics, books, soundtracks, assets, and physical games. If that’s not enough, you can even customize the noun by which itch.io refers to your project.
Apparently the limit is only placed on new itch accounts and must be requested to be lifted...

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

just destroyed hours of work again. i don't know why I bother.
World Map for the inside of my main character's head. Every spot is an area that either occupies his thoughts or staples of everyone's "headspace"
How can I look up the components for a medieval bomb for my game without the FBI showing up at my door?
I don't think I can handle using the real SNES resolution of 512x448 because resizing absolutely every interface element I had on hand by painstaking trial & error/guess and check (is there any other way?) is KILLING me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EvieOverwrite