Exporting to Android (MV Android Client)

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Tutorials' started by xilefian, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Eliaquim

Eliaquim Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian! Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese - Br
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yep. All tje srd plugins work fine on windows because they mostly have been made for desktop.
    What I'm trying to say to you that most of this plugins, including these two, are not made for work on Android. With or without Android MV client.

2. jigida70

jigida70 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I was banging my head against the wall for three days, because the gradle wouldn't build, and I couldn't access the folders in app. I fixed it eventually by downloading a previous version of Android Studio. Once I did that, it was easy.

3. Bilalichwa

Bilalichwa Villager Member

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    why does the screen keep blinking, then it's blackscreen and only music appears,

4. Lakaroth

Lakaroth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Wich device are you using?
    Some old devices are not supported.

5. Bilalichwa

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    How to change 32 bit to 64 bit native code pls ? Or support both

6. Bilalichwa

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This release is not compliant with the Google Play 64-bit requirement

The following APKs or App Bundles are available to 64-bit devices, but they only have 32-bit native code: 13.

From August 1, 2019 all releases must be compliant with the Google Play 64-bit requirement.

Include 64-bit and 32-bit native code in your app. Use the Android App Bundle publishing format to automatically ensure that each device architecture receives only the native code it needs. This avoids increasing the overall size of your app.

Lakaroth likes this.
  7. FeliPereira97

FeliPereira97 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is there a list of which plugins are suitable for mobile and which are not?

It's frustrating to have to test it on mobile everytime I add a new plugin.

8. Lakaroth

Lakaroth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm interested too, we need to wait @xilefian answer

9. Mex

Mex Warper Member

First Language:
    French
    Hey guys, first of all thanks for all the great stuff you've done here!

I have a small question for you:
    Do you think it's possible to add a background image directly in Android Studio to "fill" the black spaces left and right to the game?

Again, thank you!

10. xilefian

xilefian Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Crosswalk is 32-bit only. Do not use Crosswalk (this is already the advice I give to everyone, don't use Crosswalk).

The WebView version has no native code, so there is no 32-bit dependency (or 64-bit, the Java Dalvik byte-code is architecture independent).

If you get this issue and you're using WebView then you'll need to report this bug to Google.

That's a pretty good idea, actually. However, it can be achieved in RPG Maker MV via JavaScript, so it's not something that needs to be done for the MV Android Client.

11. Lakaroth

Lakaroth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    So with your Client in WebView mode there's no problem with Google Agoust Update?

12. jjleroy

jjleroy I love bananas Veteran

First Language:
    German, English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    First of all, thank you so much for this.
    I did this, then put the apk file in Google drive.
    However, when I open the link, my phone starts downloading the file, instead of just starting the game.
    What did I do wrong?

13. Lakaroth

Lakaroth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Nothing, you have to download the .apk then install it.
    If your app is not signed, it's possible that you need to allow unknown sources from your phone settings.

jjleroy likes this.
  14. jjleroy

jjleroy I love bananas Veteran

First Language:
    German, English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    (solved)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  15. Eliaquim

First Language:
    Portuguese - Br
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi people!

I am uploading an app.bundle to google play store. And during the process, i have some doubts.

I have to make a new key(in android studio) for every new project(other games) that I will put on google play?
    Can I rename the folder "AltimitSystems-mv-android-client-e298b88" after I extract it from ZIP?

16. jkweath

jkweath Goes Fast Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I haven't had time to read through this thread yet, but has Xilefian or anyone else here expressed interest in payment for coding an Admob plugin that works with the client and a tutorial to go along with it? I've been trying unsuccessfully to find someone who's interested in the Classifieds board for awhile now.

Eliaquim likes this.
  17. XxSYOxTOSxX

XxSYOxTOSxX Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey everyone I have a little issue. I followed this guide 100% and have been able to export to android and turned into an apk and play on my mobile. The issue is that the sound effects that I created/added to the game will not play. Every other sound works fine and even custom animations I made that include multiple uses of the built in sound effects play fine its just the ones that I added. The only plug-in I am using is SRD_CameraCore and GALV_CamControl so nothing relating to sounds or gameplay in general.

When I added these files I added both the m4a and ogg filetypes to the correct folders and when I exported to windows a little playable demo everything worked just fine. Every sound effect when unlocked plays flawlessly. How would I fix this for android releases? I went and checked the files and they both will play on my pc and sound correct and in RPGMMV they work as well they just wont play at all when I export to android. I also checked the folders after exporting and the files are there under the audio se folder as .rpgmvm files so I know it tried to use something...

18. Eliaquim

First Language:
    Portuguese - Br
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Try not to use encryption for Android. I think the .rpgmvm files is the extension when you encrypt files in deployment.

19. XxSYOxTOSxX

XxSYOxTOSxX Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey I tried what you said and redeployed Without encrypting and for good measure I also left exclude unused files just to be safe. After remaking the apk and playing through the first 30 minutes to level up I tried the skills again and the custom sounds still wont play. The rest of the skills are fine and anything that was built into rmmv like the music and sound effects work fine. For some reason it just wont play the sounds that I added.

20. Eliaquim

First Language:
    Portuguese - Br
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry to hear that!
    Well, I can't find a reason for that... I see you put both .ogg and .m4a files. Do they also have the same name?
    "mymusic.ogg and mymusic.m4a"?

Also, they have to be equal, include the capitalization of letters. Because Android reads the file different from Windows. Make sure to put these file names without spaces and all with the same capitalization.
    Besides that, I can't think(for now) another thing that you can try to make this work.