Exporting to Android (MV Android Client)

Lee Sang

Sang Hendrix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Guys!

So I've tried following an online Youtube tutorial for this and have read through the first post, is this method still relevant? I installed Android Studio and it's on version 3.5.1 and I dont get the "Support Repository" when configuring it. Little bit confused atm lol. Anybody able to help?
The method is still relevant but the tutorial is really old, hence you couldn't find it.

gregbaby

Evil Genius. o_O
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The method is still relevant but the tutorial is really old, hence you couldn't find it.
Hey Dude!

Do you know of any up to date tuts? Ive found a vid from 2018 but that seems to be (as far as I can see atm) the most recent vid concerning exporting to APK.

Any advice or knowledge welcome :D

Lee Sang

Sang Hendrix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Dude!

Do you know of any up to date tuts? Ive found a vid from 2018 but that seems to be (as far as I can see atm) the most recent vid concerning exporting to APK.

Any advice or knowledge welcome :D
Install these and you'll be good to go.

xilefian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Guys!

So I've tried following an online Youtube tutorial for this and have read through the first post, is this method still relevant? I installed Android Studio and it's on version 3.5.1 and I dont get the "Support Repository" when configuring it. Little bit confused atm lol. Anybody able to help?
Ah, thanks for bringing this up. Yes the "Support Repository" has recently been replaced with "AndroidX" - I will need to update the project to fix this.

In the meantime, you can migrate your project to AndroidX by selecting Refactor > Migrate to AndroidX from the menu bar in Android Studio - that should do everything for you automatically, but I will be updating the project repository to use AndroidX when I have a free moment.

EDIT: Ah never mind, I just checked and it looks like it has already been updated to use AndroidX. You no longer need to install the support repository, just skip that in the list of downloads.

EDIT2: I've updated the tutorial to add a note about Support Repository no longer being required.

Last edited:

TenTranVN

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnam
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a question ?
How to add admob to the game?

Leprikon01

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Everything is going fine, but some phones have a black screen with music. On what it depends, it is unclear. Two phones with Android 7.0, but one works, and the second does not. Help me find the reason.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I exported the game to my phone, it couldn't load the title screen.

AeghtyAteKees

Nyctopheliac
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
It appears to work and export correctly, and even installs on my phone, but when I open the app, it's just a black screen. Any idea what's going on?

LeonK

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi, i have a question can you convert/export a exe file of a rpg maker game in an Android apk?
Is there a way to do it?

aniaaous

lazy potato
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hi so im having this problem can anyone tell me how to fix this ? i already have this file in the directory and even when i change its name or capital later it still fails to load can anyone help me ? knowing that this is file is plugin dependent and i cant rly change its name

Attachments

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any chance that someone can help with a rather annoying issue where the "back to quit" code causes the APK to not build? Not to mention that I've noticed the MBTY console version having similar problems right now.

Specifically, it's not locating the symbol variable for buildConfig (or whatever the hell that is).

EDIT: Somehow I managed to fix it with some fiddling in the editor. However I have another problem alongside this which I forgot to mention before: it also says that package R doesn't exist.

EDIT 2: I forgot that I had changed the package ID and didn't match it elsewhere.

EDIT 3: If there's anything that's mentioned about security keys you can ignore that - the Play Store backend handles that now (and while an override is possible for this, it's obviously not recommended which also means that the ability to do so may change without notice). Anyone who may have mentioned this should defer to guidance on the provision of managed security keys when publishing to Google Play.

EDIT 4: Now I'm having another issue: Google Play is not accepting my uploads. Any ideas? (Though for sake of fairness, I'll try it again with my actual project name and see if that's one of the sticking points.)

Last edited:

Cezar_cr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Pt
Primarily Uses
RMMV
EDIT 4: Now I'm having another issue: Google Play is not accepting my uploads. Any ideas? (Though for sake of fairness, I'll try it again with my actual project name and see if that's one of the sticking points.)
Any information from Play Console on that? Usually there is some message at the top of the browser.
I've spent the whole week in uploading and updating my game there. I came across tons of problems, but managed to get trough. I wouldn't be able to recall every single detail, but I had this tutorial plus the github page open all times. I was back and forth all along.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another question regarding the matter: does the MV packager's encryption option affect uploads in any way? I ask because once the DRM is added, the file extension in the export is changed based on the media type (ogg, m4a, png) and was wondering if this may also throw off the upload process on Google Play. The reason is because it's important and (in most cases) a requirement for those who rely on restricted DLC or any other rights-based use case (things like a contemporary soundtrack, an original score, a truckload of Rickroll gags and basically anything else where you might want or have to utilize the associated safeguards on your game files).

BLoafX

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having the black screen issue like multiple others. When I highlight the black text on the black screen, the following appears:

Webpage not available
The webpage at file:///android_asset/www/index.html?webgl could not be loaded because
net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

I've tried it on three phones and I'm only using no plug-ins. Works fine when I play on windows.

Attachments

rhl

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!, I'm getting this error to load images like $image.png, shows an error "failed to load %24image.png, chrono engine uses $files

Why %24 is showing in URL

Any way to fix it?

Edit. ----------------------------------------------
It wasn't the specific error, the problem is with chrono engine, failed to load Hero03_act01 while playing on android specifically

Last edited:

jingaito

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello is anybody still here ?
i get this error even w/o starting anything
btw i tried redownloading master file (even thou it cant be corrupted cuz didnt even started once)

Caused by: org.gradle.internal.metaobject.AbstractDynamicObject$CustomMessageMissingMethodException: Could not find method zz_crosswalkImplementation() for arguments [org.xwalk:xwalk_core_library:23.53.589.4] on object of type org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.dsl.dependencies.DefaultDependencyHandler.

Edit: Nvm i found solution changing zz_crosswalkImplementation to implementation in build.gradle

Last edited:

xilefian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm having the black screen issue like multiple others. When I highlight the black text on the black screen, the following appears:

Webpage not available
The webpage at file:///android_asset/www/index.html?webgl could not be loaded because
net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

I've tried it on three phones and I'm only using no plug-ins. Works fine when I play on windows.
Make triple sure you copied into the correct folders. The error you're seeing is because you've not copied your exported MV project files to the correct place.

Hi!, I'm getting this error to load images like $image.png, shows an error "failed to load %24image.png, chrono engine uses $files

Why %24 is showing in URL

Any way to fix it?

Edit. ----------------------------------------------
It wasn't the specific error, the problem is with chrono engine, failed to load Hero03_act01 while playing on android specifically
You need to contact the author of Chrono engine - some Plugins have only been created and tested for desktop and not web/mobile so you need to speak to the author to fix their Plugin compatibility.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A recent screenshot that I also shared on Reddit and the likes, links in my signature if you want to follow :)

I am starting to get a hang of this parallaxing mapping business. Still inexperienced, but at least I can be a lot more creative now :)
Catching up on some anime I never finished . . . "This Day × And × This Moment" . . . first time I shed a tear watching something.
oh frisk i wont be able to jog for at least 2 weeks ;-; its like a nightmare
It was my birthday yesterday woooo /) ~ 3 ~)/)~~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KyuArCode