Exporting to Android (MV Android Client)

GamesOfShadows

♥ Gamer/Games ♥
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Alphaistimz What Android-Studio-Version do you use? In the newest Version it doesn't work anymore. :/ I don't know wich Version I had before I upgraded my PC... I could wait until MZ released and hope that it will be easier but I don't think this will change.

Alphaistimz

AlphaDio Production
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I guess I'm stuck with itch.io at least until Google play raises their APK limit to 150 MB...

@GamesOfShadows 4.0.1 It's updating just now... I'm quite new when it comes to Android games.

Last edited:

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Alphaistimz

AlphaDio Production
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Eliaquim both my APK and .aab are 130s MB, but it throws the warning when I upload it. I've done it according to the tutorials and it throws the same warning, meaning that the game isn't supposed to be playable.
So you mean that I still put everything including m4a files and delete it after it's in? if I remove m4a before moving www to AS,it keeps throwing error in AS., stating that the data is incomplete.
Still prefer APK tho since it's more straightforward.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Alphaistimz I think that warning was nothing to do with the removal of m4a files. You still can leave them in the project, and after the deploy, you go to the www folder and remove all m4a, leaving there only the .ogg version of the sounds.

if I remove m4a before moving www to AS, it keeps throwing error in AS., stating that the data is incomplete.
I don't know why you get this error, can you send a screenshot of it?
Because I don't think it is related. Unless some of your plugins perhaps use something in m4a? Don't know.
In my experience, put an apk and an aab file in android studio, and google play doesn't have any big difference in the process.

Alphaistimz

AlphaDio Production
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Eliaquim sorry, I've been taking a bit break and focus on my 2nd project. Basically I find releasing in Google Play too much hassle, so I think I'll go with Itch.io. Still, compressing the images help a lot for much smaller game size.

BlueDragonLord

Blue Dragon L
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi

In trying to compile for android, everything works but a character sized 192x192 renders as a black square in the android studio emulator and this is the error output:

[ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(10168)] [.WebGL-0xcfc15100]RENDER WARNING: texture bound to texture unit 0 is not renderable. It maybe non-power-of-2 and have incompatible texture filtering.
I/chromium: [INFO:CONSOLE(0)] "[.WebGL-0xcfc15100]RENDER WARNING: texture bound to texture unit 0 is not renderable. It maybe non-power-of-2 and have incompatible texture filtering.", source: file:///android_asset/www/index.html?webgl (0)
[INFO:CONSOLE(0)] "[.WebGL-0xcfc15100]RENDER WARNING: texture bound to texture unit 0 is not renderable. It maybe non-power-of-2 and have incompatible texture filtering.", source: file:///android_asset/www/index.html?webgl (0)

The character renders fine in emulator when sized to 128x128.

Any suggestions? I'm trying out PV games tiles for android and i'd like to be able to use the larger boss sized characters on mobile if possible without tile or character resizing.

Attachments

DigitalWF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,I tried this method with no plugin MZ project and when I open it on my phone it's only blackscreen,but the music is there.
It only works and run when I tapped many times on the blackscreen. Any fix?

Update : The left side of the screen must be tapped to make the screen show, otherwise it is just blackscreen

Last edited:

TehGuy

Sometimes the 1s and 0s make sense
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi

In trying to compile for android, everything works but a character sized 192x192 renders as a black square in the android studio emulator and this is the error output:

[ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(10168)] [.WebGL-0xcfc15100]RENDER WARNING: texture bound to texture unit 0 is not renderable. It maybe non-power-of-2 and have incompatible texture filtering.
I/chromium: [INFO:CONSOLE(0)] "[.WebGL-0xcfc15100]RENDER WARNING: texture bound to texture unit 0 is not renderable. It maybe non-power-of-2 and have incompatible texture filtering.", source: file:///android_asset/www/index.html?webgl (0)
[INFO:CONSOLE(0)] "[.WebGL-0xcfc15100]RENDER WARNING: texture bound to texture unit 0 is not renderable. It maybe non-power-of-2 and have incompatible texture filtering.", source: file:///android_asset/www/index.html?webgl (0)

The character renders fine in emulator when sized to 128x128.

Any suggestions? I'm trying out PV games tiles for android and i'd like to be able to use the larger boss sized characters on mobile if possible without tile or character resizing.
As the error says, 192 is not a clean/integer power of 2 (~2^7.585); 128 works because, well, it is (128 being 2^7). The next dimension up would be 256 (or 2^8)

As for issues about GPlay and file sizes, generally the solution is to have code in the APK and all the assets (images, sounds, etc) in an OBB/expansion file since those can be, like, 2GB in size from when I last checked. I did have a plugin planned to support OBB reading for this project but, well, life/work got in the way. If anyone else wants to take a crack at it, I've some working code from another project right here that should be able to get you started. Note that this repo hasn't been touched in 3 years and a lot of things on Android's end has changed so it probably wont work right out of the box.

Last edited:

Phaux

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've never made a post on this website, so I don't exactly know what I'm doing. Hopefully, this is okay...

I managed to build the APK and run it in NOX to test it, but I can't seem to make it to the title screen. It just seems to load continuously. I have no clue what's happening exactly. There's no error or anything. It just sits there saying "Now Loading..." Any ideas?

BlueDragonLord

Blue Dragon L
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've never made a post on this website, so I don't exactly know what I'm doing. Hopefully, this is okay...

I managed to build the APK and run it in NOX to test it, but I can't seem to make it to the title screen. It just seems to load continuously. I have no clue what's happening exactly. There's no error or anything. It just sits there saying "Now Loading..." Any ideas?
I used the android studio emulator for testing. This came with a debug log for troubleshooting. I suggest pivot from using Nox for testing to using the android emulator that comes with android studio.

Phaux

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used the android studio emulator for testing. This came with a debug log for troubleshooting. I suggest pivot from using Nox for testing to using the android emulator that comes with android studio.
Ah, yeah that helped! Thanks!
Turns out there were some audio files missing (specifically my cursor and decision sound), and that must have kept the game from launching properly. Thanks again!

RicachetX

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anyone know how to adjust the resolution of the Game View. I have my Screen and Game resolution set in plugins, but when I run on Android. I get 1920/1080 everything. I'd like to have it scale the game to 1280/720 and stretch it to the screen width/height.
I fixed this. it ended up just being an error in my plugin. Learn how to debug your code with the chrome process debugger!

Last edited:

AllenYu1984

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have new laptop and install Android Studio, but problem is I cannot create Asset Folder and its grayed out, it requires minSdk >= 16. I just met already but still doesn’t want to create assets. I didn’t done anything, any solution?

Android Studio 4.1 i'm using

Last edited:

AllenYu1984

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
AS41-AssetsFolderInaccessible.png
What am I doing wrong?!
How do I suppress it's grayed out Assets Folder to make?
Without that, I won't able to make RPGMV APK :(
Is there a way to get around it?

Here's my attachments for results:

Attachments

Last edited:

BlueDragonLord

Blue Dragon L
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Allen

This might be bad advice but i recall running into a similar problem. I vaguely recall it being a case of trial and error to figure out which is the correct file to open with android studio, waiting for the initial build processes to complete on opening then creating the assets folder.

For your own interest i've attached screenshots of my sdk installations to compare with your sdk screenshot installations.

My final screenshot is of what my android studio looks like with a created assets folder.

Attachments

strbxl

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
View attachment 164505
What am I doing wrong?!
How do I suppress it's grayed out Assets Folder to make?
Without that, I won't able to make RPGMV APK :(
Is there a way to get around it?

Here's my attachments for results:

You just go in build.gradle and change the line that says "minSdkversion" to version 16 or whichever you need ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.
I checked out Genshin Impact gameplay out of curiosity. I can't believe it's available as a mobile game too. Smooth animation, great music, and stellar sound effects (the ambient sounds are pretty detailed).

I'm flabbergasted to see games have becoming more and more advanced. Maybe also because I'm oblivious to current trend for a long time, it almost feel like I'm being sent into distant future. xD
xDRAGOONx wrote on WaywardMartian's profile.
Your artwork is amazing!!!
:ewat:
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
I should finish the cat video I'm editing and finish the indesign stuff. So far only 1 is done and 4 to go

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasapembuatanwebsite