Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks a lot for the guide, it made things a breeze. My game doesn't yet run successfully, but I hope some plugin and asset tinkering can deal with that.

bvlgari

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How to modify the "back button" from the android device, to trigger a Cancel button in game? i mean, i want to replace the quit message triggered when i tap ("<--") , to the first thing. Thanks in advance.

xilefian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

dksrufp

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
korea
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good morning.
I launched a mobile game with your help.
But ... there is one problem.
These reports continue to flow.
What should I do?
Can you solve this?

1311.png

4.png

5.png

jarredhhodges

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey there. So I replaced the Icons with my own and named them according to the tutorial, but the icon that shows is not what I set it at and is instead just an Android logo. Any ideas? They are .png files. Should I not delete the xml files?

cyanic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Thank your for the guide, It works!
I've a question for You.
If my apk size is more 100 MB can i split my resources for the upload in PlayStore?
Easiest way to go about it is to use Android SDK's jobb tool to create an expansion file and mount it using StorageManager. The game loads perfectly fine from the OBB mountpoint. I've just implemented that code, but it's pretty messy, so it'll be a while before I send a pull request for it.

cyanic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey there. So I replaced the Icons with my own and named them according to the tutorial, but the icon that shows is not what I set it at and is instead just an Android logo. Any ideas? They are .png files. Should I not delete the xml files?
Create new icons through the right click menu with Image Asset. Then update the icon references in AndroidManifest.xml to your actual icons.

Bilalichwa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
omg, its awesome im gonna try it now.

TehGuy

Sometimes the 1s and 0s make sense
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh hey, this is so much more cleaned up and streamlined than what I had going... More compatable, too, now that I dig into the source

Easiest way to go about it is to use Android SDK's jobb tool to create an expansion file and mount it using StorageManager. The game loads perfectly fine from the OBB mountpoint. I've just implemented that code, but it's pretty messy, so it'll be a while before I send a pull request for it.

Have you found a way to do it that doesn't require modifying engine files, out of curiosity? I currently have to add 2 file load functions via JavaScriptInterface (one where it loads images and another where it loads audio) just so MV knows to load from there. Granted, it's just 2 lines that get modified but anything that bops that down to 0 would be nice for anyone who doesn't want to maintain 2 separate versions of the engine scripts

cyanic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Have you found a way to do it that doesn't require modifying engine files, out of curiosity?
Depends on what you mean by engine. If you mean the runtime this provides, you do have to add a bit of extra code to mount the OBB file, but otherwise it's not too bad. There are no modifications necessary for RPG Maker's engine files.

TehGuy

Sometimes the 1s and 0s make sense
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Depends on what you mean by engine. If you mean the runtime this provides, you do have to add a bit of extra code to mount the OBB file, but otherwise it's not too bad. There are no modifications necessary for RPG Maker's engine files.

Aye, the various rpg_x.js (rpg_managers.js, specifically, iirc) files if that's what ya mean by runtime. Yeah, it's not bad at all once you get it in there but I was hoping someone found a way to where I wouldn't have to worry about it :p

Anyways, good luck with your cleanup

cyanic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Runtime is the Android app itself, engine is the rpg_x.js files. No modifications to the latter, just more code in the former to get things loaded. Chances are I'll end up making a pull request with OBB support, but right now my code is really ugly because I'm not very familiar with Android and the way things are done in Java.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to use this to see how mobile compatible my project is (for kicks, y'know), and I can't get the app to run on the emulator, or on my phone, because it's outputting it as an unsigned APK. Any information I can find seems to imply that the android studio should output debug APKs as signed with a dummy signature, but it keeps giving me an error that the app isn't signed, and that I should fix it, but when it takes me to a screen to 'sign' it, there is no debug option, and I don't have the necessary information to sign the app myself, as this is a test run?

Any help?

Edit: nevermind, I'm an idiot. Turns out you gotta pick 'webview-debug' if you want to debug something XD

cyanic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
There should be a (vertical) build variants tab button at the bottom left of Android Studio. Select a debug flavor from the second column.

Jlevel

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys found this tutorial to help me export my first rpg game to my phone but after doing all the steps, I can't add the assets folder to the app. When I right click app -> New -> (Folder Option is completely missing). Any help what so ever? I can't find an answer anywhere by searching it up.

xilefian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey guys found this tutorial to help me export my first rpg game to my phone but after doing all the steps, I can't add the assets folder to the app. When I right click app -> New -> (Folder Option is completely missing). Any help what so ever? I can't find an answer anywhere by searching it up.
You can create the Assets folder in your operating system's file browser, you don't have to do it through Android Studio. You can also copy your www folder into it via your operating system too.

The reason I wrote that part of the tutorial through Android Studio is to keep as much as possible in Android Studio as less is likely to go wrong. It's weird that you don't have the option to create the folder, though. Are you in the right perspective?

See this image: https://developer.android.com/studio/images/intro/project-android-view_2-1_2x.png
See just above the highlighted Application section is a drop-down bar that has the Android logo and "Android" written in it - make sure that's set to Android for you (just click the <> arrows to the right of the drop-down bar and set it to Android).

cyanic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Just a thought, what if you retain the assets folder by adding a .keep file?

Melosx

Master of Bananas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
App installation failed on my device(S5Mini with LineageOS 15) and on NoxPLayer. Any idea why?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Here's a medical question for ya: Why do I start lightly coughing after I drink coffee?
Well, someone "reviewed" my game. Didn't credit me anywhere in the video and spent 2 minutes insulting it. Going to ignore that and move on.
To cut down on map lag, I've been researching how to implement a lighting layer as a single map overlay instead of a bunch of individual lights. Hopefully I'll have a screenshot soon!
Imagine having a game broken up into a whole bunch of chapters? Like Chapter 11 should be about the party members going bankrupt.
Over 1/4th of the calendars are already out :eek: Have you already put something to a good use?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EMONEY247