xilefian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just a thought, what if you retain the assets folder by adding a .keep file?
I did look into it, but .keep is not a real git feature and I definitely do not want to add empty files into people's projects.

If someone is having difficulty making folders on their computer, then they'll likely have issues copying folders on their computer, so finding a way to keep the Assets folder will just move their issue one step along the pipeline, it won't actually solve any problem.

cyanic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
That I think is an odd way of looking at the issue, since having a .keep file doesn't cause any problems, and it is reasonable to expect the project to be set up to avoid any manual setup steps when it could just be shipped as a part of the repo.

(Of course, you could counterpoint that not everyone will use the assets folder, as I haven't been.)

xilefian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The MV Android Client has been updated, adding support for additional modules that can add Android specific features to your RPG Maker MV project.
Developer extensions expose Android specific features for Plugin developers to use. Extensions are only available with WebView.

RPG_itch_Studio

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to use AdMob with this project? I followed the official tutorial from their website but it did not work.

xilefian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is it possible to use AdMob with this project? I followed the official tutorial from their website but it did not work.
Yes AdMob works perfectly fine. All Android features will work perfectly fine as this is just a standard Android project, there's no special rendering or layout management going on.

royva

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hey xilefian, why i got no sound on the audio: bgm, me, se. The game works fine but there are no audio sound. could you help me please?

xilefian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Morichalion

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thing did NOT work at ALL for me last night. Kept telling me I was doing something that was making the gradle not sync right. Or something, can't remember. Crying and gnashing of teeth happened.

Finally gave up and went to bed.

Came back to bang my head against the keyboard yet again today after work. Started off clean as I could, deleted all the temps and caches I could think of along with project folders.

The SDK thing said something about something about 27 needing to be installed, I thought it already was. It WAS! So I uninstalled all of the other SDKs, and only had the level 27 one on. Suddenly there wasn't any problem with gradles not syncing anymore.

The rest of your instructions worked as hoped for! Then the thing kept giving me a corrupt APK. I set the Build Variant to webviewDebug, and everything works! I have a neat little rpg game on my phone now. Except for touch controls, but that's beyond the scope of this tutorial/system/thing you've got going here.

Thank you for your time and efforts with this! I really appreciate it!

TehGuy

Sometimes the 1s and 0s make sense
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Except for touch controls, but that's beyond the scope of this tutorial/system/thing you've got going here.

The normal MV touch controls (all of single-finger-press for confirms/selections or two-finger-press for back/opening the pause menu, iirc) should be working just fine, unless you mean something else.

Morichalion

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The normal MV touch controls (all of single-finger-press for confirms/selections or two-finger-press for back/opening the pause menu, iirc) should be working just fine, unless you mean something else.

I was searching through itch.io last night and came across the standard instructions for standard mv games. I felt ever so silly about it, as I've sent hours trying to find tutorials on adding such functionality.

Somehow, I've completely missed the normal control methods. Oops.

wjsrudtn001

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses

This article uses Google Translator.
If you attempt to build a project with crosswalk, the following error will not occur.
I tried reinstalling the project with the latest version, but the result is the same.

How can I solve this? I must use crosswalk.
(webview is not used as a performance issue)

TehGuy

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This article uses Google Translator.
If you attempt to build a project with crosswalk, the following error will not occur.
I tried reinstalling the project with the latest version, but the result is the same.

How can I solve this? I must use crosswalk.
(webview is not used as a performance issue)

EDIT: try downloading the master branch again, a fix was pushed after you posted

Last edited:

duende23

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
español
Primarily Uses
N/A
hello, when i want exit of my game in the mobile i use a plugin with "SceneManager.exit();" it exit correctly and exit the game, but in the mobile screen go black and not close the screen. How could i do it close scren complety?

Lee Sang

Sang Hendrix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone have an official tutorial for that OBB thingy yet? :kaomad2:

xilefian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
hello, when i want exit of my game in the mobile i use a plugin with "SceneManager.exit();" it exit correctly and exit the game, but in the mobile screen go black and not close the screen. How could i do it close scren complety?
I actually did hack in support for detecting window.close(), however it depends heavily on the error message https://github.com/AltimitSystems/m...ms/altimit/rpgmakermv/WebPlayerView.java#L122 "Scripts may close only the windows that were opened by it." being sent.

This hack is not available on CrossWalk, it's WebView only.

It's not ideal, but it should work with the stock Chrome based Android WebView implementation. A better option would be to add it as an API Plugin, which I might do in the near future.

joeitsuke44

It's Not Easy Being An Indie
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it this normal? webplayeractivity got error on androidmanifest.xml

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 10

whitlocktech

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Thanks for this instruction manual. This works wonderfully. The only thing I'm wondering about is a good instruction manual on how to use expansion files. I've read a few of them and they don't always make sense.

TehGuy

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it this normal? webplayeractivity got error on androidmanifest.xml

If it builds fine (which it seems like it does according to your log), I'd ignore it; it's not showing up as an error on my end, either. Now, if it's showing up as an error AND the apk doesn't work on your device because of it, then there's a problem.

The only thing I'm wondering about is a good instruction manual on how to use expansion files.

I know someone earlier in the thread had something in the works, but IDK what happened to them or the project.

joeitsuke44

It's Not Easy Being An Indie
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thanks.. now i'm able to release my game on mobile market. since it now not support admob i make it as paid app.. and got 7 copy sales this day.

Xovio

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I have a problem... Everything went fine, I have my apk built and it works very good on android (thank you for providing this free, awesome method), but I can't hear my bgm files. Everything else works, the SE, the BGS, but the bgm's aren't working. Is this because of a certain format, which android won't support? My BGM Files are in m4a and ogg format.

And yes I have the bgm volume at max ingame.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Where would you go if you're looking to hire someone on here? I'm in need of a writer to take my story concept and turn it into npcs/dialog in my game.
Evening humans! How goes the game make?
The anime characters we saw 20 years ago,
still have the same age when we see them now.
Somehow it's strange but also beautiful.
It's like no matter how much we change,
there's certain part of ourselves we can reconnect to when we see them again.
Took a long, long time, way longer than it should to be honest...but I've finally finished the big content update to my demo!
Lots of not good things happening IRL but I'm not gonna let this day end like this. Quote time:
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

So, keep going, lads. Whatever you do keep going. Until next time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
doldol