Exporting to Android (MV Android Client)

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Tutorials' started by xilefian, Sep 29, 2017.

1. xilefian

xilefian Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I did look into it, but .keep is not a real git feature and I definitely do not want to add empty files into people's projects.

If someone is having difficulty making folders on their computer, then they'll likely have issues copying folders on their computer, so finding a way to keep the Assets folder will just move their issue one step along the pipeline, it won't actually solve any problem.

2. cyanic

cyanic Veteran Veteran

That I think is an odd way of looking at the issue, since having a .keep file doesn't cause any problems, and it is reasonable to expect the project to be set up to avoid any manual setup steps when it could just be shipped as a part of the repo.

(Of course, you could counterpoint that not everyone will use the assets folder, as I haven't been.)

3. xilefian

xilefian Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The MV Android Client has been updated, adding support for additional modules that can add Android specific features to your RPG Maker MV project.
    Developer extensions expose Android specific features for Plugin developers to use. Extensions are only available with WebView.

elpeleq42 likes this.
  4. RPG_itch_Studio

RPG_itch_Studio Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is it possible to use AdMob with this project? I followed the official tutorial from their website but it did not work.

5. xilefian

xilefian Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Yes AdMob works perfectly fine. All Android features will work perfectly fine as this is just a standard Android project, there's no special rendering or layout management going on.

6. royva

royva Villager Member

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    hey xilefian, why i got no sound on the audio: bgm, me, se. The game works fine but there are no audio sound. could you help me please?

7. xilefian

xilefian Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
  8. Morichalion

Morichalion Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This thing did NOT work at ALL for me last night. Kept telling me I was doing something that was making the gradle not sync right. Or something, can't remember. Crying and gnashing of teeth happened.

Finally gave up and went to bed.

Came back to bang my head against the keyboard yet again today after work. Started off clean as I could, deleted all the temps and caches I could think of along with project folders.

The SDK thing said something about something about 27 needing to be installed, I thought it already was. It WAS! So I uninstalled all of the other SDKs, and only had the level 27 one on. Suddenly there wasn't any problem with gradles not syncing anymore.

The rest of your instructions worked as hoped for! Then the thing kept giving me a corrupt APK. I set the Build Variant to webviewDebug, and everything works! I have a neat little rpg game on my phone now. Except for touch controls, but that's beyond the scope of this tutorial/system/thing you've got going here.

Thank you for your time and efforts with this! I really appreciate it!

9. TehGuy

TehGuy Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    The normal MV touch controls (all of single-finger-press for confirms/selections or two-finger-press for back/opening the pause menu, iirc) should be working just fine, unless you mean something else.

10. Morichalion

Morichalion Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I was searching through itch.io last night and came across the standard instructions for standard mv games. I felt ever so silly about it, as I've sent hours trying to find tutorials on adding such functionality.

Somehow, I've completely missed the normal control methods. Oops.

11. wjsrudtn001

wjsrudtn001 Villager Member

This article uses Google Translator.
    If you attempt to build a project with crosswalk, the following error will not occur.
    I tried reinstalling the project with the latest version, but the result is the same.

How can I solve this? I must use crosswalk.
    (webview is not used as a performance issue)

12. TehGuy

TehGuy Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    EDIT: try downloading the master branch again, a fix was pushed after you posted

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  13. duende23

duende23 Villager Member

First Language:
    espaƱol
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    hello, when i want exit of my game in the mobile i use a plugin with "SceneManager.exit();" it exit correctly and exit the game, but in the mobile screen go black and not close the screen. How could i do it close scren complety?

14. Lee Sang

Lee Sang Sang Hendrix Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Does anyone have an official tutorial for that OBB thingy yet? :kaomad2:

15. xilefian

xilefian Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I actually did hack in support for detecting window.close(), however it depends heavily on the error message https://github.com/AltimitSystems/m...ms/altimit/rpgmakermv/WebPlayerView.java#L122 "Scripts may close only the windows that were opened by it." being sent.

This hack is not available on CrossWalk, it's WebView only.

It's not ideal, but it should work with the stock Chrome based Android WebView implementation. A better option would be to add it as an API Plugin, which I might do in the near future.

16. joeitsuke44

joeitsuke44 It's Not Easy Being An Indie Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    it this normal? webplayeractivity got error on androidmanifest.xml

Attached Files:

17. whitlocktech

whitlocktech Warper Member

Thanks for this instruction manual. This works wonderfully. The only thing I'm wondering about is a good instruction manual on how to use expansion files. I've read a few of them and they don't always make sense.

18. TehGuy

TehGuy Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    If it builds fine (which it seems like it does according to your log), I'd ignore it; it's not showing up as an error on my end, either. Now, if it's showing up as an error AND the apk doesn't work on your device because of it, then there's a problem.

I know someone earlier in the thread had something in the works, but IDK what happened to them or the project.

whitlocktech likes this.
  19. joeitsuke44

joeitsuke44 It's Not Easy Being An Indie Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    thanks.. now i'm able to release my game on mobile market. since it now not support admob i make it as paid app.. and got 7 copy sales this day.

20. Xovio

Xovio Warper Member

First Language:
    German
    I have a problem... Everything went fine, I have my apk built and it works very good on android (thank you for providing this free, awesome method), but I can't hear my bgm files. Everything else works, the SE, the BGS, but the bgm's aren't working. Is this because of a certain format, which android won't support? My BGM Files are in m4a and ogg format.

And yes I have the bgm volume at max ingame.