wjsrudtn001

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Because the translator is used, the writing may be a bit strange. Please acknowledge.

I have been using RPG MV and the Altimit project for a year to create commercial mobile games
Now the game is nearing completion.

However, we recently updated Android's System Webview,
After that, the game window disappears,
Or Windows fonts disappear,
Or the layout of the window is broken
Graphics problems have started to occur, mainly in the implementation of the game's window.

This is a symptom of a problem previously reported by @Angio.

I've being using the Altimit project to create my game's APK for some month now. But since my device was updated to Android 8.0 (Oreo) about a month ago I'm now having issue with disappearing windows and menu background. I get this issue only on devices I tested with android 8+, those running 7 or earlier are fine. I got the same bug even if I start a new RMMV project from scratch.

I tried a couple of RMMV games I found on Google Play and most of them had the same problem on Android 8 devices, but some didn't. As far as I can tell, those without the problem didn't have the Altimit text on startup so I guess they might be using another method to create their APKs. Is anyone else experiencing this issue with playing their game from an APK created from this method on Android 8+ devices?

Example:
r6dhxvi1dhp11.jpg

Through cross validation, I've found that this is "definitely" a problem with Webview.
In other words, it means that there is currently no way to solve this problem, either by myself or by myself.

I've put a lot of effort into making the game. Now I can not give up on this problem.

Can you wait for a good remedy or an improved version of the Altimit project?

xilefian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Did you try the CrossWalk flavour? I don't recommend it from a security point of view, but because it isn't Android WebView it should at least avoid current problems with that.

I've been looking at other improvements I can make to the MV Android Client recently, but I don't have the time or the money to spend on making these improvements right now. I want to introduce another experimental WebView alternative - as one such improvement - but there's a lot of work to do for that (needs time and money).

For solving the WebView issues; the only thing I can suggest is debug from the MV code perspective and try to solve it that way around. Why are the window backgrounds specifically not appearing? It could be a bug in MV's logic that hasn't appeared until now (requires very specific circumstances) or a bug in WebView itself with the way window backgrounds are drawn.

Ultimately, the best case scenario would be a native player that doesn't even use WebView, but that requires even more time and money. I've spoken with some studios about this and largely the agreement is no-one cares enough about the quality of MV on Android (or iOS or any console platform either) to be interested. WebView is "good enough", which is a fair assessment and that feeling echoes the general thoughts of the community across most aspects of MV.

Roommck

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey, can someone help me?
Is showing this image on the Android Studio panel: https://ibb.co/jNg8y0
What I am doing wrong? :L

Last edited:

Lunawolfcomics

The Omega
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Because the translator is used, the writing may be a bit strange. Please acknowledge.

I have been using RPG MV and the Altimit project for a year to create commercial mobile games

Graphics problems have started to occur, mainly in the implementation of the game's window.

Through cross validation, I've found that this is "definitely" a problem with Webview.
In other words, it means that there is currently no way to solve this problem, either by myself or by myself.

I've put a lot of effort into making the game. Now I can not give up on this problem.

Same here. Been trying so many things and actually read about crosswalk being the culprit. If you find anything out please let me know and vice vversa

wjsrudtn001

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses

The plugin corresponding to the problem has been produced in Japan. For more information, please visit .

Angio

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The plugin corresponding to the problem has been produced in Japan. For more information, please visit .

Wow thank you! This fixed the issue!

I was starting to lose hope :blink:

Thanks to all those who helped !

Orangefire

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone.
I'm trying to create the Android build for my game to test. Unfortunately, I seem to be running an issue. It's probably some dumb thing I forgot to do, but I've read through the tutorial several times and can't seem to figure it out. Basically, the client is failing to sync in Android Studio. I can do all the other steps fine, but it still won't sync. I'll attach a screenshot to this post to show what it's giving me in the program.

If anyone can help, that would be great.
Thanks.

Edit: Just to clarify, the screenshot is after I followed most of the tutorial, but the issue was happening when I loaded the client into Android Studio before I did anything with adding my game into it too.

Attachments

• Screenshot (109).png
    Screenshot (109).png
    228.6 KB · Views: 9

vandie28

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
italiano
Primarily Uses
RMMV
good evening everyone,
I can no longer use altimit.
this screen appears to me.
Can anyone help me please?

Thank you

upload_2018-10-25_21-10-36.png

Orangefire

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
good evening everyone,
I can no longer use altimit.
this screen appears to me.
Can anyone help me please?

Thank you

Well, I still haven't figured it out, but that looks similar to what I'm running into.

Makes me wonder if the client needs to be updated or something.

Dantor

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi guys, is this method still working? At the step of loading the project in android studio it fails for me with the following sync error in
libgoogleplay/build.gradle:

"Failed to resolve: play-services-basement <a href="openFile:D:/Google Drive/RPG Maker Games/Exports/AltimitSystems-mv-android-client-329ce94/libgoogleplay/build.gradle">Open File</a>"

Also I cant sync the normal build.gradle manually after adding the www folder to assets and changing the name as per the tutorial.

I have followed the tutorial with the following:
- Android studio 3.2.1 (tried with the following SDK, each individually: 9.0, 8.1 and 8.0 like the video)
- AltimitSystems-mv-android-client-329ce94.zip

Could someone share an older AltimitSystems-mv-android-client.zip for me to test please?

AlefRichard

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I still haven't figured it out, but that looks similar to what I'm running into.

Makes me wonder if the client needs to be updated or something.
same for me too...

PersuaderGames

Adventure connoisseur
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone, I am having the same issues.

In the console it says "Failed to resolve: play-services-basement"

upload_2018-10-28_18-12-29.png

Angio

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was having some similar issues with repositories. I fixed them by changing the repositories order in my gradle files (make sure google is before jcenter):

repositories {
google()
jcenter()
}

instead of

repositories {
jcenter()
google()
}

Give it a try.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I was having some similar issues with repositories. I fixed them by changing the repositories order in my gradle files (make sure google is before jcenter):

repositories {
google()
jcenter()
}

instead of

repositories {
jcenter()
google()
}

Give it a try.

Right now I'm in the process of grabbing Screenshots. The Gradle is looking for a Repository that returns Error 404 now, BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES. jcenter returns Error 404 or "Page not Found" sound more familiar?
(not being mean - this is the error, it doesn't exist for now).

By switching the order to;

google()
jcenter()

The Gradle wants to upgrade now, which means there is finally an established Connection.
Also, my Android Studio is fully up to date as of 10.29.2018 with a Fresh Install and Zero Projects except Altimit Systems.
Thank you @Angio I knew there had to be a simple solution.

Still typing as I upgrade, Screenshots available after Testing.

Thanks again!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
*DISCLAIMER*
I am not responsible for any changes made to your system. The following suggestion from @Angio is a working Workaround.
However, you MUST Build as a Bundle APK per Android Dev. The following Screenshots are from My System. I cannot guarantee this will work for you.

So as I said, Angio figured out the 1st piece of the puzzle. Where to get the Files.
Next is totally on you. Your Current Configuration and Versions of Android Studio will be questioned both by Updates and The Code itself.
Intel 4000 HD (Integrated Drivers) will give an error for Emulation now, although Android Studio claims Fixes soon.
Have not tried it on actual j7 Prime 32gb - this is Next.

This Script appears to be working again, but , it will require some Studio tweaking while referencing The Original Tutorial.

Step 1 - as provided by @Angio
oapz7q.jpg

Step 2 - Upgrade The Gradle if necessary
20u5uvt.jpg

Step 3
- Look for SDK Upgrades
1zefsb6.jpg

Step 4
- You will need to address Debug vs. Release. Switch to Release if set to Debug.
11m42z5.jpg

Step 5
- Another possible Upgrade - Starting Emulation Testing
2ro5gcz.jpg

Step 6
- Emulation Test Begin
or8qis.jpg

Step 7
- Did You Sign Your App? / Emulation Screen - Although it did not bring up Assets from RPGMAKER MV, this is not an automatic Fail, as you will see from my Personal Driver - which cannot be updated and is not supported by Intel. The Intel 4000 HD Integrated is now Deprecated. (Lack of Newer Shader Support for Games...) This may have translated into the latest version of Android Studio.
2lkpst5.jpg

Known Issues

1. I get Exit Code Errors - Remember, it's a combination of this new Code and the existing Tutorial
  2. I cant' Build the APK - Per Andoid Devs, we need to use Package as APK Bundle instead of Defaulting to APK.
  3. I still can't Build - Have you created a Keystore and Signed the App?
  4. I still - Make sure that when you Build - all Options are set for APK BUNDLE
  5. I use Intel 4000 HD - is there Fix? I do not know yet. I know that my pareticular Laptop is not supporting Drivers and Intel refuses to install because of the OEM Status. This is my Error - Although, Android Studio states that "Fixes" are coming...
    2zxuusw.jpg
Hope this helps.

Dantor

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

repositories {
google()
jcenter()
}

instead of

repositories {
jcenter()
google()
}

Give it a try.

Thanks a million Angio. I was able to create the APK and run it.

If you don't mind, I now need to ask for some more help :p The app threw some errors running a some .m4a and .png files. Have you come across that?

Angio

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks a million Angio. I was able to create the APK and run it.

If you don't mind, I now need to ask for some more help :p The app threw some errors running a some .m4a and .png files. Have you come across that?

I don't think so. What error exactly?

Dantor

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I must upload a screenshot. The game is the Octopath Battler sample project by Fallen Angel Olivia. I relies heavily on plugins.

First thing now, I'm packaging the basic tutorial project with no extra plugins and see what happens to compare.

Dantor

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awesome, it works! The tutorial game works. So the exporting to android process is fixed thanks to your suggestion :)

Now how would I start to figure out what is not working with the Octopath project? hehe

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Awesome, it works! The tutorial game works. So the exporting to android process is fixed thanks to your suggestion :)

Now how would I start to figure out what is not working with the Octopath project? hehe

Star with Fresh Project - No Plugins
  1. Place a Plugin that has no Dependencies
  2. Build
  3. Compare
  4. Repeat until Finished
  5. Place Plugins with Dependencies (calls other script / functions
  6. Build
  7. Compare
  8. Repeat until finished
Rugged way of finding what Breaks. If it is stopping on a known File, would need the name and error.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Only the goggles are imported ... not the eyes
a lot of my maps and battlebacks are me redrawing base rpg maker mv stuff to match with my own artwork... sometimes it comes out ok lol.
Guess I had to do something related to xmas... :kaoswt2:
SWZtrkz.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Belfphegor