aniaaous

lazy potato
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hi ! can anyone tell me how i can change the crosswalk version in android studio i have a problem with sound ( i saw in a other thread that it can be fixed if i change crosswalk version to 18.48.477.13. )
ps: on with webview i got 13-15fps fix
with crosswalk i got: 30fps +

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
hi ! can anyone tell me how i can change the crosswalk version in android studio i have a problem with sound ( i saw in a other thread that it can be fixed if i change crosswalk version to 18.48.477.13. )
I dont know if its true. But what i can say is the size of the file is much bigger than the webgl

aniaaous

lazy potato
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it went up with only 10mb i fixed sound by using cordova methode and this :
cordova plugin add cordova-android-support-gradle-release
cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-crosswalk-webview
but now it crash randomly and i couldent use version to 18.48.477.13. for some reason :/
(ps i'm not sure if i can reply about another thread here i will link the thread just in case :p ^^ )
thread link ( https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/1-5-1-exporting-to-android-using-cordova.84949/ )

xilefian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello! So I've tried this method, followed directions to a T multiple times. I keep running into a massive issue. I just tested it out on a brand new project with no plugins and excluding unused files and received the same results.

What happens is I managed to go through Android studio and get everything set up just fine. Using the Webview through all of this. I make the project, then I build the APK. Everything goes fine, no errors. But then when I go and put it on blue stacks to test this out, all I get is a grey screen and the intro music playing.

This was a fully brand new project, nothing altered except adding one event to the project and adjusting the map a little in case it loaded I had something to test. No plugins, just pure RPG Maker MV following the directions with this post. Any ideas? I don't even get an error message. Just the image listed below shows up after the Altimit Systems copywrite logo appears in the lower right corner. What happens is the copywrite flashes for a moment, then it goes to the grey screen, then after about a minute or two the background music finally kicks in. Everything is default RPG Maker MV starting project as well, so.....yeah.

Not sure what else to include, again I get no error messages which is what makes figuring this out even harder. Any help would be greatly appreciated and adored.

Attachments

• androidbluestacksbug.png
    androidbluestacksbug.png
    475.4 KB · Views: 13

Bilalichwa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit done.

I just want ask how to change target Requires Android 8.0 up to 5.0 up

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Ezzio1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One question, Why is the sound lost on my android phone, or is it that I have to change the format of the project's music? or do I need 2 o 3 types of music extension file? or in any case in which way the sound files can be projected, how do I project them. Thanks in advance

izzulfikri98

GingerSun
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you @xilefian i've done and that's perfect.

But now i have a problem, i don't understand how to create extra package because playstore have 100mb app size limit.
Reading the docmentation about APK Expansion Files.

I don't understand how to create packages...

Can you help me?

Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, forgive my English in advance if something is wrong, since I know it very badly and I use a translator.

Could you help me?

I have a problem with bgm sound reproduction when using WebView, it simply does not exist when other BGS, me and ce sounds work fine.
All sounds work when using crosswalk, but for several reasons I don’t want to use it.

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Keigan_Taumiel Although you said you were using a translator, your post came through in Russian. Just this once I have translated it for you. Please make sure you post the English version.

One part of the translation did not work, and makes no sense. It is this part.
"when using a pedestrian crossing"
Could you find another term which will translate.

DrSmith

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Easiest way to go about it is to use Android SDK's jobb tool to create an expansion file and mount it using StorageManager. The game loads perfectly fine from the OBB mountpoint. I've just implemented that code, but it's pretty messy, so it'll be a while before I send a pull request for it.
How do I use that?
I've made a game that some people want to play on Android and now I'm looking into that.

At first I followed your guide and got an APK that installed and ran in BlueStack.
Then I discovered that the deployment for Android from within RPGMV doesn't include the 'movies' folder, which I use because I have some selfmade animations in the game. So I included the movies folder manually but then I get an error about the APK getting too large (over 2GB ). I don't want to use Google Play for distribution, just offer the APK with OBB for download myself.
So I want the animations added to the game in an expansion pack and I'm really looking hard for how to do this because I have no experience with Android and Android Studio (working on a Win 10 PC).

And also the question has risen: does an Android deployment support the 'Play Movie' instruction from RPGMV (still using 1.5.1)?
All animations are in webm format, so Android should be able to deal with them.

Update:
I now have 'crunched' all images and animations to fit the APK within the 2GB limits (for now because the game is still under development), but the animations are not playing.
I think the deployment for Android removes all those calls from the source and that's why the movies folder isn't in the original created www and manually adding that folder doesn't do anything.

Last edited:

Ziyan

The Holy Sword
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to export a Project to android and hopefully nothing goes wrong...
If it does go wrong, I know now where to go and ask :D

DogSeeker666

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Excuse me, How can I fix libpng reject in Google Play?

SmashMan4

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried changing the crosswalk version for my apk, but when I build it I get this error: https://puu.sh/CBYtE/82575da9de.png Is there any way to fix this?

Lakaroth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you update android studio, you may find an error because It seems like compile has been deprecated and api or implementation should be used instead. According to The Java Library Plugin - Gradle User Guide Version 3.5:
The compile configuration still exists but should not be used as it will not offer the guarantees that the api and implementation configurations provide.

If you get this error:

Code:
WARNING: The specified Android SDK Build Tools version (27.0.3) is ignored, as it is below the minimum supported version (28.0.3) for Android Gradle Plugin 3.3.0.
Android SDK Build Tools 28.0.3 will be used.
To suppress this warning, remove "buildToolsVersion '27.0.3'" from your build.gradle file, as each version of the Android Gradle Plugin now has a default version of the build tools.
Remove Build Tools version and sync project
Affected Modules: app

Here how to fix:

Just remove a line in build.gralde Module:app , change this
Code:
   compileSdkVersion 27
   buildToolsVersion "27.0.3"
to this:
Code:
  compileSdkVersion 27

Then in line 79 change this
Code:
  compile fileTree(include: ['*.jar'], dir: 'libs')
to this
Code:
    implementation fileTree(include: ['*.jar'], dir: 'libs')

Then, FILE> Sync Project to gradle files

Last edited:

SmashMan4

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's probably not directed to my problem, but that did nothing to solve it. Hope that helps someone though.

Lakaroth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's probably not directed to my problem, but that did nothing to solve it. Hope that helps someone though.
Wich kind of problem you have?
Let me try if i can fix it

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My new 49" monitor has been dispatched from the warehouse. Will it arrive tomorrow? The day after? I love that we can track packages now, even if it does only tell me when it's left that end and when it's arrived at the local centre. As long as it doesn't end up in Melbourne again, which has happened before ...
My friend's doing a surprise stream of my game Origin Hunt on Twitch here ! Feel free to stop by :yhappy:
Me, designing it a long time ago: Having an optional boss fight as a random chance to trigger when you fish in a certain spot with a certain type of bait is fun! Cool idea!
Me, trying to playtest everything again: oh god just let me see the boss, my bag is so full of fish!
both love and pain have no boundaries

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wahby17