Exporting to console: feasibility and plans

Drusyc

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With the console versions of RPG Maker MV coming next year, can we expect the ability to export the games to console? Like, maybe there can be a site where you link all of your accounts (RPGMaker, PSN, etc) and you can translate the HTML file made on PC to, for example, your Switch copy. Then you could open it on Switch, and export.
It's not the cleanest method, and requires multiple copies, but would allow for proper translation on a console. And I would look at the copies as "licenses to distribute on said consoles", as well as paying for the translation, and for $50 per console, it's a pretty good deal.

Is there anything else I'm missing out on that would make this feasible? What do you guys think?

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Product Discussion and Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Don't hold your breath, it is most unlikely. Not only is it more complex than you have suggested, but as the consoles are not released by Degica there are commercial hurdles as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Me and brother have an ongoing rivalry. We constantly fight for the High Score in Galaga on our arcade cabinet. Today I take back the top with 239,000. He'll be back. (No-Fire glitch is banned)
Made Custom ENEMY Information Screen
I'm having such a hard time thinking of an interesting battle system. and not being a coder, certain things I wanna do seem a lot harder lol.
Created a character outline with some code. I have no use for this. I'm....bored.....
Having lots of fun using different PS brushes to add a lil' texture to the floors and walls in my maps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmbor