Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone know of a good tutorial, or at least some good screens showing these tiles at work? Especially the blue "roof" below the "snow roof"?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you look at the sample maps?

Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I looked at those 1st, but none of them seemed to use those specific tiles. =/

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I looked at those 1st, but none of them seemed to use those specific tiles. =/
The four roof styles on exterior-C are the same structures, only with different coloring/textures. They are always used in the same way.

The way they're placed in the tileset is not exactly the same way they're used on the map due to space restrictions - the middle row contains the special edges for the roofs to the left and right.

There is a total of 14 tiles for each of the four roofing styles (red, blue, snow, wood)

The sample map "regular town" contains a roof that uses the red-style-tiles on the top left, directly visible when loading it. The other three styles can be arranged in a similiar way, but not all styles get such a building for them in the sample maps.On the same sample map, in the lower left part, there is a smaller house using part of the blue tiles for a similiar roof, and still below that are two houses using the red and blue roof tiles for roofs in a different structure - but the tiles are the same.

Edit:

Forgot to mention that for each of those four roof styles, there is also an autotile roof on A - you need to mix that tile in as well to create all the different options, so it's in reality 15 tiles for each style.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I saw that example in regular town, but I didn't see the two tiles from Row 22, Columns 4 and 5 (sort of like an upside down V when placed together), nor did I see their equivalents in the other 3 styles used. I have experimented with stones below it to try and make it work, but nothing looks right.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I saw that example in regular town, but I didn't see the two tiles from Row 22, Columns 4 and 5 (sort of like an upside down V when placed together), nor did I see their equivalents in the other 3 styles used. I have experimented with stones below it to try and make it work, but nothing looks right.
They are the same as the tiles two and four rows above that - only that due to the different colors, the shade is not as obvious.

The correct placement in the case of red tiles is shown on that sample map as coordinates (006,010) for the equivalent of row 4, and (010,010) for the equivalent of row 5.

Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah. gotcha! I was thinking they were supposed to be butted up against one another like they are in the layout. Now I see how it fits. Thanks a ton!!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Karen: Hi, I have a condition that prevents me from wearing a mask. :)

Employee: Can you tell me what it is?

Karen: >:(
Feeling a little overwhelmed... There are so many things to do.
- Building a simple website for portfolio
- Setup *******
- Manage social media
There are so many things inside of these tasks :(
Meet the cute little ghost, FhooFhoo. :kaopride:
If anyone here is looking for another high-potential RPGMaker game--besides She Dreams Elsewhere--be sure to follow Lawmage Academy. Good social media presence will take that game far.
Lol, I was about to write a small tutorial and realized it would belong to the MZ section ....that does not exist yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bektos