Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone!

By now, I have probably watched every video that Extra Credits has put out, and somehow, it just occurred to me how beneficial these videos will be for the community. I'm sure many of you have seen these videos before, but if you have not, then you're in for a real treat!

I'm eager to hear your thoughts on the video; I hope it helps you!

The link below is just to one video, but they have many others as well !

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I was recommended these videos from the teacher of a game development course I was taking. I can only agree with the opinion that these videos are really good and a must for any fledgling game developer!

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since this is about game development, I'm going to move this to General Discussion.

Dr. Delibird

Also known as HRforges
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I found them on my own AGES ago when they were still kinds starting out.

One thing to be cautious of (this goes for all educational sources) is that all of their videos are bite sized bits of information. You should never take what is said in their videos as set in stone law and instead should explore what is said with your own research on the topic at hand.

TheGamedawg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I show these videos to EVERYONE looking to get into game development.  Extra Credits is great, definitely one of my favorite channels on YouTube!

Peridot Gaming

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I agree with everyone that the EC videos are really good.  I especially loved their ones videos where they broke down and analysed the first level of Durlags Tower in Baldur's Gate - very interesting way to look at things.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Me and my friend got into one of our usual discussions after I reccomended him a game, and I remember the last time we had a discussion like that, he disabled his FA account. This time, I found myself constantly checking my friends account hoping it wouldn't happen again. ...But it didn't.

The thing is... I just can't lie about my feelings, sometimes. :(
COMBAT:

Finally showing combat in my game. The lighting system I'm currently using doesn't transfer over into combat, but I am hoping to find a new one soon... or an update for the one I'm using. The plan is to make combat less bright, though. You'll want to click the video link below and visit YT for audio.
Huge thanks to D757 Gaming for his stream, impressions and review of my game, please check him out!
Thank you to everyone who participated in the 3rd quarter annual Drifty jam! I'm always so impressed with the games people make! This time our winner dominated both categories!
jamWinners2.png
That feeling when you have an out-of-bounds error and an ai enemy exploits it to kill you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoctorDeathtrap