Extra damage received by player using Pearl ABS Liquid v3 (with Sixth bugfixes)

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Hammerklavier, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Hammerklavier

Hammerklavier Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello,

I'm greatly enjoying the Pearl ABS Liquid v3 scripts, and have also deployed the Sixth bugfixes and extensions. I'm not sure if my current problem is due to a limitation with these scripts or (more likely) my misuse of them.

I'm noticing that when an attack happens, whether player vs. enemy or enemy vs. player, rather than damage being counted once, it is often being counted multiple times in quick succession. One example that illustrates this very clearly for me is when I have the player use a skill which launches a slow moving projectile that causes damage to any enemy it crosses. As the projectile comes into contact with the enemy, it seems to rapidly inflict damage many times before the enemy finally moves out of the way. I'd prefer that it gives the target a certain number of frames of invincibility before inflicting damage again if the target hasn't yet moved out of the way, but I'm not seeing a way to do this yet.

Has anyone else run into an issue with this?

2. Hammerklavier

Hammerklavier Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    No responses yet, just thought I'd let folks know that I'm still interested in a solution for the issue I'm encountering.

In case of any confusion, I'm really just hoping there is a way to ensure a temporary invincibility for both player and enemy after taking damage, similar to what you might see in a Legend of Zelda type of game.