Joined
Feb 4, 2019
Messages
12
Reaction score
1
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I'm making custom graphics for my game, yet I've run into a problem where a single fence tat I placed down doesn't look like how it should, compared to the sheet. I'm setting it up as an A tile, or a ground tile. Everything else looks normal, and it doesn't seem to be the set-up that's the problem, just extra pixels on the fences single-tile sprite.
Outside_A(WIP).png Problem Screenshot.png
 

dragoonwys

Freelance Illustrator
Veteran
Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
997
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anything within the orange spaces are used to make the single tile, the top left tile isn't actually used in the mapping process but to appear in the editor for your ease of identification. The problem is because the horizontal parts on the bottom are leaking into the corners.
template.png
 

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Joined
Feb 19, 2014
Messages
2,647
Reaction score
5,580
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That's because the engine doesn't use the upper-left part of the autotile (that's just used in the tile selection), instead it combines parts from the lower section. This blog post explains how autotiles are set up, though it is for Ace so the numbers are a bit off (instead of 16, for mv it would be 24 for example).

Edit: ninja'd
 
Joined
Feb 4, 2019
Messages
12
Reaction score
1
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you guys for the advice! I manged to fix the error, and the fence looks normal again. I can kinda of understand why the tiles would be set up like that, but at the same time it's a little inconvenient... I appreciate the help very much!
 

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Joined
Sep 28, 2017
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
1,150
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[edit: oops, posted the same link as hiddenone, please ignore]
 

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've finished (most of) the sprites for two of my main characters, Ashlyn and Lizzabelle. And I've already drawn actual artwork of Lizzabelle and Suki months ago. I can't wait to show some of my stuff. I'm hesitant because their outfits aren't my own original design, which must be changed before I get too serious with this.
Heh, um. I've spent $1500~ so far for my game. Most of that went into purchasing some software I need, as well as some commissions. But still, I didn't realize I had spent so much since the beginning of October.

Do not trust me with money, lol.
Working on my first ideas for a tileset... I really don't know if anyone would like or even want my style.

k5a4BHk.png
Plus-size sprite continues! Front and back views done, or at least mostly there depending on if there's any more work you all think she needs. Once I get her done I can get working on her masculine counterpart:
PlusTest-03.gif
My game is basically turning into a 2 on 2 fighting game disguised as an rpg lol. here's eveyone doing their own intro in battle.

Forum statistics

Threads
116,987
Messages
1,103,552
Members
152,859
Latest member
phantom6780
Top