RMVXA Extrate - Update 29/10/2019 (Demo 2)

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Irineu, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Irineu

Irineu Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    [​IMG]

Basic Information:
    Creator's name: Irineu
    Genre: Fantasy/RPG/Sci-Fi
    Start Date: 2016
    Engine: RPG Maker VX Ace

Introduction:
    Warning: I'm Brazilian, so my English is not the best. Sorry for any grammar errors.
    I have used the Rpg Maker tool since the beginning of 2016, I have already created several projects, although I have never finished any of them. After a few months without working on any project, I started to create a simple hobby-only game. Over time, the attachment to this simple project was increasing and I finally began to see it as the "my game" and I am sure that this project will be finished. This is how the Extrate came about.

Plot:
    There is a very little known legend about a force called Extrate, in this legend it was never made clear what this was, but it was always connected to a green light. According to legend, the Extrate gave elemental powers to the individual affected by its essence, this mysterious element would be inside a cave project, created by ancient civilizations.
    An organization called Wan believes that this legend is real, ordering agents and generals to explore the entire world to find traces of such a legend. One of Wan's generals named Alucard O. Pish was sent along with three agents to a region called the Volcanic Valley, with indications that the Extrate would be somewhere in that area. After they have traced a path through that region, the group finds a cave project similar to that of the legends. Upon entering, the group encounters a mysterious green crystal, before they make contact with that element, the crystal disappears in the blink of an eye.
    After a month after the event in the Volcanic Valley, the story continues in a small village called Misograss, where a 12-year-old boy named Damp lives who wants to be a great swordsman. He trains with his master every day: Wabi, a professional swordsman who came to the village 4 years ago.

Characters:
    [​IMG]
    Damp A. Pikey:
    [​IMG]
    The Green Thinker

Height: 1,51 m
    Weight: 41 kg
    Dislikes: Mosquitos​

He is a boy of few words, the purpose of his life is to become a great swordsman as his master, he prefers to express himself more with acts than with words.

"..."
    - Damp

______HP
    ______EP
    ______Atk
    ______Def
    ______E. Atk
    ______E. Def
    ______Spe
    ______Luk

[​IMG]
    Magnum B. Laben:
    [​IMG]
    The gallant

Height: 1,47 m
    Weight: 34 kg
    Dislikes: Guards​

A young mercenary who spends half the time flerting with girls and the other half training the sight of his revolver. Despite being a mercenary, he is a very friendly person, especially with girls...

"It is impossible for anyone not to notice the resemblance of the beauty of your eyes to that of my weapon."
    - Magnum

___HP
    _________EP
    ___Atk
    ___Def
    _________E. Atk
    ______E. Def
    _________Spe
    ______Luk

[​IMG]
    Kiche V. Hasmoff:
    [​IMG]
    The Bourgeois

Height: 1,46 m
    Weight: 34 kg
    Dislikes: Fishing rods​

She is part of one of Esthepe's wealthiest families. When she was younger, Kiche was mocked by the other children, for she was fishing with a spear instead of a fishing pole thanks to her family's tradition. Over time, she acquired a certain skill with spears.

"The grace of meeting new people is to make them introduce themselves before you..."
    - Kiche

______HP
    ___EP
    ______Atk
    _________Def
    ___E. Atk
    _________E. Def.
    ___Spei
    _________Luk

[​IMG]
    Askan
    [​IMG]
    The Frowning

Height: 1,55 m
    Weight: 46 kg
    Dislikes: Comparisons​

A young fighter specializing in the art of Hagesento. Askan can be classified by many as a "suitcase", he is antisocial and sometimes arrogant, working in a team only when it is really needed. Despite his young age, he is connected with Wan, but his job is unknown.

""One more of them "... I'm not like those worms that you defeated."
    - Askan

_________HP
    .EP
    __________Atk
    ______Def
    .E. Atk
    ___E. Def
    _________Spe
    ______Luk

[​IMG]
    Hikon S. Gramont
    [​IMG]
    The Goldilocks

Height: 1,51 m
    Weight: 40 kg
    Dislikes: Damp

He is a very proud and narcissistic boy, he tries to fulfill his goals, no matter what he has to do, he has a bit of jealousy of his grandmother for being the mayor of Onimick and having thoughts very different from his.

"Hehehehehe! Do you understand now who I am? Isn't?! Isn't?! Your dou.......................che...................... bag!"
    - Hikon

_________HP
    ______EP
    _________Atk
    ___Def
    _________E. Atk.
    ___E. Def
    ______Spe
    ___Luk

[​IMG]
    Wabi T. Cekage
    [​IMG]
    The Alcoholic

Height: 1,69 m
    Weight: 62 kg
    Dislikes: Kids​

Despite being a great swordsman, she is a bit remiss, when she is not training Damp, she spends most of her time in bars, even not wanting to assume she loves drinks.

"Usually, when we see dirt, we ignore it or try to clean it. You are a good example"
    - Wabi

[______HP
    .EP
    _________Atk
    ______Def
    .E. Atk
    ______E. Def
    _________Spe
    ______Luk

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Scripts:
    NeonBlack - Star Passibility Bug Fix,Event Jitter Fix
    MogHunter - MOG Event Sensor Range, MOG Picture Gallery ACE, MOG Stage Select
    Yanfly - Slippery Tiles, Ace Core Engine,Victory Aftermath, Ace Status Menu,Ace Message System
    YanPac - Battle Hud
    Venka - Venka's Bestiary
    KilloZapit - KilloZapit Word Wrapper
    TheoAllen - Hide Weather by Tileset id, Gameover Choice, Smithing -- Simply Upgrade Your Weapon, Insane Anti Lag
    BlackMorning - Basic Module,Advanced Animated Menu,YEA - Status Addon: Elemental/Status Resistances & Rates
    Raizen - Ignis Smart Followers, Message Sound
    Fomar0153 - Multiple Inventories
    Zeus81 - Map Effects
    Enu - Takentai Sideview Battle System
    KGC - BitmapExtension
    Modern Algebra - Global Text Codes
    Richter_h - Smithing -- Simply Upgrade Your Weapon
    Khas Arcthunder - Khas Awesome Light Effects

Download:
    Extrate is in your Demo version. This version is set in the middle of the plot, so if you have not played the previous versions of Extrate, you will not have any spoiler on the main plot. If you have played the previous versions, you will notice some minor changes. It can be downloaded from the gamejolt using this link: https://gamejolt.com/games/Extrate/263755

Thank you for reading this thread.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  2. Irineu

Irineu Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Warning: I put screenshots of the portuguese version, but the changes will be applied in both versions

Update 16/02

Greetings!
    It took a while, but here is another update of the project.

Improved Day & Night System (Again)
    The Day & Night system has two more novelties ... The first novelty is about the lighting, now certain elements of the map have light when it is at night (Lava and mushrooms, for example):
    [​IMG]
    Lava
    [​IMG]
    Extrate
    [​IMG]
    Mushroom
    Note: This was causing FPS drops when I was testing, so I added the "Insane Anti Lag" script to improve performance.

The second is a little detail in the transition, when the game changes from Tarde to Noite, it touches the SE "Crow", and when it changes from Night to Day, it touches SE "Chicken". This system is similar to what we see in Zelda OoT.

Battle Window Layout
    There has been a small change in the layout of the battle window, when quoteds things related to Extrate, now are written in green and all things related to physical techniques turned blue. Look:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chapters
    With the help of my friend Wesley Jesus, the chapter screen has been improved. Look:
    [​IMG]
    I reorganized the game's chapters so that I have a Boss/Sub-Boss at the end of each chapter, so some are shorter and some are longer than before.

Current development
    Currently I am in Chapter 10 of the project, according to some estimates of mine, Extrate will have around 13 chapters, so the end of development is near. There is still no date for launching the game, but it will probably be this year, at best, the release will be between June and July, but I think that will be out in the last 3 months of the year.

That's all!

3. Irineu

Irineu Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Update 06/04

Greetings!
    We have here another update of the project.

Reformulated Soundtrack
    Anyone who tracked the threads I was creating recently saw that I was remixing the Extrate BGMs using the soundfont of Mother 3. I liked the results (Although some songs were changed because I could not remix them), they gave a more different style for the game. Here are some examples:

Improved Dialogues and Backstory
    Those who like literature have realized that the plot of Extrate is based largely on the literary school of Realism/Naturalism, although it has one or two elements from another literary school. I started to study more literature to improve the plot and the development of the game, with that, some dialogs of NPCs were improved and more things were added in the General Backstory. Some examples of dialogue:
    "I like to play in the grass, but the bugs bother me a lot.
    The insects should have been extinguished by that meteor that extinguished the dinosaurs ...
    Wait ... Bee is an insect? "

"We do not tolerate thieves in our city.
    The best torture I can think of is to have them create a theory of why we do not have a mayor yet. "

"I hear there's a monster haunting the swamp.
    Just rumors ... It must be some unfaithful husband running away from his wife..."

Return of Version 0V3
    Yes, the trial version of the game that came out before the Demo is back. Who played Demo without playing the 0V3 version was probably confused with some of the plot, so I brought it back to clear the doubts.

That's all!

4. Irineu

Irineu Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Update 29/10
    After a long time, the English version of Demo 2 is available! But what is this version? A reformulation of version 0V3 with all modifications made so far. In this Demo, it will have the arrangements, fixes of bugs and mapping errors, new dialogs and more.
    https://gamejolt.com/games/Extrate/263755

Due to the translation process and some things that happened to me, the development of the game was delayed. The game was scheduled for release later this year, but because of this delay, it may be released next year. Game development continues from today.

That's All!