Face assets not loading in messages during If-then statements

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by fritozy, May 12, 2019.

1. fritozy

fritozy Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just as stated above, there seems to be an issue when trying to get a face to load next to a message if it's a message transitioning down a continuous event in RPG Maker MV, and occasionally at the start of a conversation, without an error. My custom face asset displays fine at the beginning of the event message(sometimes), it is only when an event is continued (a conversation) that every other message displayed after, lacks a face, even with one loaded.(obviously)

This is only a problem I ran into as time went on, and the game has gotten a bit larger, messages displayed fine for a week, then all of a sudden the faces started disappearing. I do have a YEPmessagecore plugin, and a few other plugins, so I took the liberty of disabling all of them(literally all of them), reloading, and creating a default conversation, all just to get the same results. (in the same file)

However this problem is not persistent if I load up a brand new game file, loading a "New" fresh file, does not yield the same results.

I am monumentally confused, and have gone so far back, and so far forward deleting and re-implementing things trying to figure out the root cause. Any and all help is appreciated, but I am more so hoping someone has had this same exact issue before...

I have also tried reloading the custom face asset files (deleting,re-saving,re-naming) and transferring some defaults from rpg maker mv just for testing purposes, and on occasion the faces would now load fine initially, but I would still be stumped by the faces not loading in a continued conversation?! (tested this without plugins)

Thank you in advance.

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I've moved this thread to RPGMaker MV. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    please show a screenshot of an event with this problem, and attach a file with one of your faces.

your description is not enough to understand what is happening - there is nothing that should be different in the display of those faces.
    That means that either you have a strange construct with those events, or some data is wrong, or a plugin broke your game's engine.

in addition to the files mentioned, it would also be nice to know
    1) the full path to the project (something like c:\folder\folder\project\index.html)
    2) a screenshot of your plugin manager so that we can see which plugins and in which order you have loaded them
    3) open the rpg_core.js file of your project and give us the version number in it's title line (not automatically the same as the editor version)

4. fritozy

fritozy Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I didn't post any screens as to not give away textures, and I'm not bothering with the code screen because even a premade inn/or shop, wouldn't display faces, sorry for the little visual info.

No clue as to the cause still... but I saved my game files, did a fresh install of mv separately, and viola the faces are back in my game. However now I have a completely different problem still related to faces, that seemingly appears at random.
    (So anyone with the similar issue give that a try if you're faces are checking out of the hotel early)

now sometimes the faces fail to load, post an error involving the file location of the face, and the game is then frozen forever until restarted, and it doesn't happen all the time!? It'll run fine, load up the convo, then I can load up the same convo a few times and get the error?!...Here is a screen of my plugin list right now, and it happens with anything that loads a dayum face? Can my face files be corrupted is that a thing lol?
    [​IMG]

I use imgur all the time for forum posts... don't know why it doesn't work here. I'll type out the list.

1)C:\Users\User\Desktop\ProjectBundle\Project
    3)// rpg_core.js v1.6.2
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  5. fritozy

fritozy Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    8dir_graphics (ON)
    Community_Basic(OFF)
    MadeWithMv (ON)
    YEP_BattleEngineCore (ON)
    YEP_BuffsStatesCore (OFF)
    YEP_CoreEngine (OFF)
    YEP_RegionRestrictions (ON)
    YEP_SaveCore (OFF)
    YEP_VictoryAftermath (ON)
    YEP_X_AnimatedSVEnemies (ON)
    YEP_NewGamePlus (OFF)
    WASD_Keyboard (ON)
    YEP_FootstepSounds (ON)

Forget it I just deleted BattleEngineCore, and 8dir_graphics which both took a long time for me to get working and config... but now I have no issues, so just gonna work from scratch with those. Thanks for the replies and letting me raddle my own brain... lol. Still fail to understand why either of those plugins would screw with my faces.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  6. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    your yanfly plugins are in the wrong order - that will very often result in strange errors because yanfly requires the plugins to be in the correct order. And unless the order is corrected for the rest as well you still have a risk of not yet detected strange effects.

Please check the correct order for plugins on yanfly's website, it has to be in exact the order they are listed there.
    And always remember that changing plugin order or turning plugins off/on invalidates older savefiles, you'll have to start "New Game" after each such change because otherwise wrong data from older savefiles can also cause a lot of errors or other effects.

fritozy likes this.
  7. fritozy

fritozy Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay, got the order right, and now have no errors at all popping up, thank you. I still can't use those other plugins I deleted though, some sort of conflict exists.