Tecprincess

Lady Noob
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Looking to see if someone could make or know where a portrait for this noble is. 

Also looking to have someone make one for this one.
The hat has XII on it for information.

Thank you for your time.

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Were these found on google search or something?

Tecprincess

Lady Noob
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Were these found on google search or something?
Sorry for delay, my laptop went down. Just got new mac. I forgot the site but the one with the hat, I put on the hat that grandma Deb gave me. I need to find the site now, since I don't have the BM at the moment.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I can tell you the first one is from the XP RTP, so you need to own RMXP to use it.

That being said the two sprites's styles are different and don't really match. :/

Stapleton

Underground
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gaeilge
Primarily Uses
N/A
They seem to match pretty good to me. They all dont have to wear the same clothes.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Stapleton, that's not what I meant at all with "match". I literally mean that those two are two different styles of sprites. For example, a sprite from Ace next to these would look weird right? It's the same with those two above; they look weird next to each other.

Stapleton

Underground
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gaeilge
Primarily Uses
N/A
I know what you meant, and ace sprite wouldnt look the same because its a 32 pixel height sprite. These sprites are formatted for the same pixel height and width and the art style matches each other. I just do not see a mismatch with them. Thats why I say, let these two be the same because the only thing I see different are their clothes. You are obviously going to have different sprites in games just as we all look different. More realistic anyway.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't know how you can't see the differences between these. The heads especially are completely different sizes.

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
The queen character (guessing) has a more proportionate head, smoother coloring and shading, and more delicate lines. The other's head is bigger compared to her (?) body, the coloring and shading more blocky, and the lines darker and heavier. They are the same height and are *similar*, but to see them next to each other in the actual game would seem off, even if the player couldn't quite put their finger on it.

Stapleton

Underground
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gaeilge
Primarily Uses
N/A
Realism is what makes a game a little different. Hopefully the heads are different sizes. I am just trying to point out the OP wishes to have a face portrait drawn for these sprites. Not dispute whether his/her sprites are good for his/her game. It is a reasonable request.

And to note, I just opened them up in photoshop one on top of the other to compare and their head is same exact size, down to the very pixel. The only thing larger is the headgear. And all headgear shouldnt be the same size.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The reason why this is being discussed instead of someone just helping right away is because now that the differences have been pointed out Tecprincess may end up changing one of these sprites completely which would mean that the face would be different as well. No point in working twice as hard when you can just make sure your doing what will be actually helpful before starting.

I get that you don't see the difference. That's fine. But the fact of the matter is that it is there. The sprite with the hat is created on a different base than the noblewoman is. The more experienced users on this site could even tell you exactly which bases. If you want to continue arguing about how they're really similar enough that it shouldn't be an issue I would ask that you start a new thread elsewhere, this discussion is getting very off topic and won't help the OP. It's enough that the differences are noticeable to some users and that the issue has been pointed out.

(PS, head size and hair size are not the same thing)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

You guys want more tutorials? Well not only are we doing new video tutorials with Driftwood, we've also brought in two contributing authors for the blog to get a new tutorial every week! First one here from @Avery
https://blog.rpgmakerweb.com/tutorials/tutorial-mapping-interior/

Next week we'll get something from @hiddenone
Husband has roped me into playing one of his PSO2 characters. Productivity is now negative.
Tileset A is lava! Don't burn D:
as MZ come out what you guys think about.....Some particles engine :3c?
Who wants to sing this song with me?~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavaWave