Korimax

Architect of Procrastination
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Alright well I think my request may be easier said than done but what do I know I have limited skills in graphics as is, so I'd say I know zip.

Anyway for the Commercial project that I've been working on I've been messing around with a character from Ruruga's site (A link to which is located in the spoiler), and I decided that there were certain parts to what I was trying to do outside of My abilities with Paint.net.

Amelia.png
Actor0_Amelia1.png

Link

Terms by Slimmmeiske2

So basically I just need the faceset to match the Bust which I had the eyes recolored, that part isn't whats out of my ability though its the way the faceset is shaded which I know is more difficult. Basically I don't like how her face is darkened like she's looking away from a light, makes her look rather sinister, however I'd much rather if the face was lighter like the bust (I know that part of that face is darkened too but that is just natural due to her hair. In the faceset it is just, not to my liking.)

If this is at all possible I'd really appreciate it, as always credit goes to whomever helps me with this is my game. Of course I'm willing to wait as well considering its being done for something as little as credit.

(I also may have another request but I'll just wait and see, probably will just make another thread for that one.)

Last edited by a moderator:

supercow

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesia
Primarily Uses
too many re-colour too difficult for me, ill just copy paste from the full pict

actor0_amelia1z_by_starlands-d8k2d0q.png

full all

a1_by_starlands-d8k2ceh.png

a2_by_starlands-d8k2cet.png

a3_by_starlands-d8k2cfc.png

a4_by_starlands-d8k2cfn.png

a5_by_starlands-d8k2cfv.png

a6_by_starlands-d8k2cg8.png

a7_by_starlands-d8k2cg3.png

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you so much, those are almost perfect... I say almost because there are some small things I notice, (Not saying you have to edit them, but I would be that much more grateful.) for example the first two faces flawless, but then when you get to the next one the mouth lines seem... off, not sure in what way, so I know its not a helpful critique.

Then the rest of the faces my only problem is... the eyebrows, they really stand out to me, some of them look blockish, some of them just look... well anyway, if there is anyway to improve them I would greatly appreciate it, it'd mean so much to me, other than that though great job.

Also you didn't need to copy the faces onto the busts. I was just after faces that matched the one bust I provided.  :)

Anyway thank you, it means a lot that you took the time to do this for me. You rock.   :rock-left:   :rock-right:

supercow

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesia
Primarily Uses
i dont get it about the mouth, i blackened it and blur it a little bit maybe thats it?

i suck at eyebrows :unsure: well i guess i suck at bust in general though.

i change the eyebrows a bit , still jagged?

the last one i just copy paste the first

x1a_by_starlands-d8k2o0n.png

or you could try drawing the eyebrows yourselves :p

x1b_by_starlands-d8k2o11.png

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The mouths are much better not perfect but definitely acceptable so I ask no more of that.

Now the eyebrows, they are definitely better than the first ones, definitely. Something about them still doesn't look right, and I think It's that the edges were recolored off, that or you perhaps just used some sort of select tool and then put them on the busts. I'm not sure, I just know that they don't look right. As for drawing them, I'm not sure how to go about that.  >_>

But I know I'm not being helpful. Either way Thank you for your help thus far, you have earned the credits that I have promised.

Just in case though, I'm gonna leave this open, hoping somebody might be able to fix those eyebrows.

supercow

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesia
Primarily Uses
I think It's that the edges were recolored off, that or you perhaps just used some sort of select tool
i just use pencil tool , before i use copy paste method thats why its jagged.

sorry im not exactly bust/faceset artist :guffaw:

mybe if i had a lot of experience on it but i prefer making tile/tilesets.

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well taking that into consideration you do a pretty good job, better than anything I probably could have done on my own.  ;)

But like I said I'll leave this open and see what help I can get from there. And once again (because it can never be said enough), thank you.

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well I thought I'd bump this a bit see if anybody knows how to fix these eyebrows, if not I'll probably just wait awhile and bump this at a much later date.

After all its not like this is a pressing issue or anything, no rush for such a minor detail.  :p

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

User of Mv3d/ Mz3d and Rosse engine. New Resource Pack on development "Halloween Stones" . Leave ideas about what you want to see on this package. :)
SetPreview.jpg
Looking at Code abd knowing that it made sense at one time. Ugh..why did I ever stop? Well I guess it will come back to me.
Well, Blizzard... thanks for making it easy to decide what to delete to free up some hard drive space... I guess. Ugh.
So far, I've rated 5 of the games out of the 120 submitted. Competition is fierce! There are a few which I played and thought "Well, at least my submission is better than this one." but there's at least one which is far better than mine (at least by my judgement.) Trying very hard to rate games fairly and only comment when I have something constructive to say. Good luck everyone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dulldye