RetroBoy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Greetings Folks,

I was wondering it it was possible to set up a faceset like this; with five faces across instead of four. I ask because it fits in the builder and uploads fine via the Resource Manager, but you cannot select the fifth face. If you click on it, it will automatically select the first face from the bottom row.

I understand that this could be easily fixed by just having a sheet for each character, but I am trying to keep the races together on a single sheet for organization purposes.

Any input would be much appreciated.

!RetroBoy

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The editor itself cannot handle any other faceset than 4x2, and nothing can change the editors of any RPG Maker.

The only option would be to use a script/plugin to redirect the face on the game itself, but in that case you would have to use text codes for face selection as the default face selector of the editor will not give correct results for such a format.

RetroBoy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is extremely disappointing. I suppose this thread can be closed now. I guess I will organize the faces by reaction, rather than race. Still, makes book keeping a bit of a headache.

Zarsla

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Adding to what Andar said.
Technically you can do 4 by anything. eg 4 faces across and then make as many rows you want as long as the faces are the normal facebox size.

For example at one time I wad making out a basic character template and by the time I was done I had 15 faces, so my file had 4 faces per row with 4 rows in all.

They all were called up correctly though using both the editor and plugins.

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Whiiich means you can have 5 rows and do the exact same setup but vertically. :^))
It works for Vx Ace too, even though I only discovered it last year after half a decade lmao

RetroBoy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Whiiich means you can have 5 rows and do the exact same setup but vertically. :^))
It works for Vx Ace too, even though I only discovered it last year after half a decade lmao
Clever!

Thanks Joseph JoSeraph!

Zarsla

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I learned how to do that with VXA and it just happened to transfer as MV is more or less VXA with a diffrent script, multiplatform support and few new touches here and there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some game development! Feel free to drop by!
Asphodelethe wrote on skybluehair's profile.
Hi! I loe your desert NPCs for adding some variety. I've used them in a free game (The Snow Elf on Itch.io) and I'd love to use them in the new game I'm working on, which I hope to release commercially. I'd love your permission if I could have it!

So I figured out how to put words and pictures in the screen transition. It even wipes away from both the top and bottom. The possibilities are endless! :LZSexcite: I'm going to devise secret messages now for them because I'm a terrible wonderful person like that. :kaopride:
December has arrived and with that, an ¡update for Aletoir Feast! a game made it for the One Map Challenge. I will use some of the remaining switches, variables, and events from the challenge limit to add more content but keep it within the requirements. ¡Have a nice day Everybody!
What I worked on today. :LZSjoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saitotomo